Options

How to organise galleries in the main page

FahimFahim Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
edited January 19, 2014 in SmugMug Customization
Hello everyone,

Hope everyone is well.

I was wondering if there is a way to organize the galleries I am displaying on my home page. For example, I have added a new gallery, and it gets added at the end. How can I organize it so it shows up at the top of the gallery section.

Please look here: www.mf-photography.com

So I want to bring the Autosport gallery (which is at the end) to somewhere on the first two row. Is it possible?

Many many thanks in advance.

Manzur

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2014
    Set the box to "Sort by" "organizer position" then go to organize and sort how you like. Might try manually.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited January 18, 2014
    Thanks Allen.

But there is no sort by option. I click on "customise site", then settings for the front page galleries, but no such option there to sort galleries out.
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited January 18, 2014
    Fahim wrote: »
    But there is no sort by option. I click on "customise site", then settings for the front page galleries, but no such option there to sort galleries out.
    How did you build the content element on your home page? If it is a "galleries I choose" then there isn't a sort available. The only way I know of to put something at the beginning is to re-select all of the entries - they are shown in the order selected.

There is a feature request requesting the ability to change order of galleries in multiple galleries page element. You might want to add a comment there.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited January 18, 2014
    Thanks Allen.

At the top left of the galleries box is there a wrench icon? If so, look under the display tab.
  • Options
    edited January 19, 2014
    It is "galleries I choose". It would have been so much easier to have that option but oh well. I will add a comment to the link you provided.

Many thanks for help :)
  • Options
    edited January 19, 2014
    Yeah Under the display tab, there is no sorting option, must be because I have galleries I choose.
  • Options
    edited January 19, 2014
    It is "galleries I choose". It would have been so much easier to have that option but oh well. I will add a comment to the link you provided.

Many thanks for help :)
    I you used "galleries I choose" they only sort in the order you pick them. You have to re-choose to re-order them.