Photo Add On's

WirenWiren Registered Users Posts: 741 Major grins
edited January 18, 2014 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I have my prints set up to sell in paper and metal.

My question is, I would like to make my paper prints have to have the styrene backing... I had a customer who bought a paper print and 6 months after they framed it stated that it is slightly wrinkled. They did not do anything to back it when they framed it...

I normally suggest using a styrene back so this does not occur... I don't see where I can make that a requirement in the photo purchasing area...

It would be great if I could set up a print to sell with styrene backing as a requirement to purchase the print.

any thoughts on this? I know you want to give the customer the choice, but I would rather limit their choice as they don't always know to "add on" for better quality products.

Thanks
Lee Wiren

Comments

• LindyLindy Registered Users Posts: 202 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2014
    Hey Lee,

Although the options can be set for you to allow your customers to purchase those as add-ons, there isn't a way to force them to purchase those. We currently offer some ready to hang options, but not any options to order them with just the backing. You might want to suggest it by placing a comment in your Gallery Description field.

Perhaps you could add that request in our feature request forum: http://feedback.smugmug.com/forums/17723-smugmug
    If you'd like it, others may, as well.

I hope this helps!
    Lindy
    SmugMug Support Hero