Options

Menu block link editing behavior problem

ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
edited January 18, 2014 in SmugMug Support
This might be known but just in case:
For a menu block, usually I do this:
- To set a link to an existing gallery (page I choose), first back out the "New Link" default title, then choose Page I Choose, find the page and choose it. The correct title then auto-populates.
This part works fine.

The problem comes if you change the actual gallery title (via gallery settings). The menu link title doesn't auto-update. (This is still not quite the problem although it would be nice if there was some what to tell the link to populate with actual gallery or folder or page titles, so that it would auto-update.)

To correct the link title, you would think you only need to back out the wrong title (in the link in the menu block) and that the new title (which the link itself does recognize) would auto-populate to the title. But, it doesn't. In fact it's not possible to delete the title. I've tried multiple ways, such as backspacing out the title, or highlighting Ctrl-A to delete the entire thing, with the goal of manually re-typing the correct title, but the original, now-inaccurate title, always re-populates.

The "fix" is to change the link type to something else. Off of Page I choose. Basically one must start over. So I usually choose Custom URL, then start at the beginning, back out the "New Link" default title, re-choose Page I choose, find the page, and select it.

I'm not sure this behavior is what Smugmug intended in terms of updating menu link titles.