Girl in the park - Flower drizzle

StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
edited January 23, 2014 in Other Cool Shots
1401_vasona_park_0065-24-X2.jpg

Comments

• EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2014
    I like this! Really like how the particles? are falling from the tree! Begs for a little girl in a frilly dress! ;)
  • StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2014
    Eia wrote: »
    I like this! Really like how the particles? are falling from the tree! Begs for a little girl in a frilly dress! ;)

Thanks Anna! Just saw the light and stole a picture. I was surprised that the tree still had plenty of flowers and how late it is shedding. I was at 400mm zoom. Loved the light and flowers and actually didn't see at that distance anything that was falling from above. I was pleasantly surprised when processing it. Cheers!
  • EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2014
    Nice candid Taz... wonderful light...
    Though, her neck gives me the willies. ne_nau.gif
    Eric ~ Smugmug
    edited January 20, 2014
    Earache wrote: »
    Nice candid Taz... wonderful light...
    Though, her neck gives me the willies. ne_nau.gif

Thanks Eric! Yeah.....too skinny....doesn't look nice sticking out.....you don't miss much.....:D
  • JCJC Registered Users Posts: 768 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2014
    It's a nice shot, well done, I think I'd like to see it with more space on the right though, if there was more grass there to see.

If it was a glamour shot, your editor could remove the protruding vertebrae and shorten her neck, although most glamour photoshopping entails stretching necks out, ironically.
    Yeah, if you recognize the avatar, new user name.
    edited January 21, 2014
    JC wrote: »
    It's a nice shot, well done, I think I'd like to see it with more space on the right though, if there was more grass there to see.

If it was a glamour shot, your editor could remove the protruding vertebrae and shorten her neck, although most glamour photoshopping entails stretching necks out, ironically.

Thanks JC! Appreciate your feedback! Miss your brother Kolibiri! :D

I am glad that you wanted it composed with more grass on right, because that is how I wanted it too and captured it that way. However, I was chasing after birds in the park and aperture happened to be set at f-8 and bokeh was not soft enough and the details in background bothered me enough to crop it. Below is closest to what I captured:

1401_version2_vasona_park_0065-24-X2.jpg
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2014
    This is very nice, great light, well captured.
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2014
    I 've looked at this image several times. I find it somewhat haunting: could be the neck area, could be the falling foliage. In any event, it's a compelling shot. Well done.thumb.gif

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
    edited January 22, 2014
    Thanks Mamba and Juano!!
  • superduckzsuperduckz Registered Users Posts: 377 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2014
    Love it. I would have tried to "psychically will" her to move the water bottle away or to the other side though! :D and you might want to try cropping in a lot further. Maybe even take out the horizon line of the road. But I'm a sucker for 8x20 crops so pay me no mind. 2 cents..
    Accidents and Inspiration
    One of these days I'll have to figure out what my "style" is..
    edited January 23, 2014
    superduckz wrote: »
    Love it. I would have tried to "psychically will" her to move the water bottle away or to the other side though! :D and you might want to try cropping in a lot further. Maybe even take out the horizon line of the road. But I'm a sucker for 8x20 crops so pay me no mind. 2 cents..

Thanks Superduckz! I will experiment with cropping it the way you suggested. Currently I linked to crop suggested above with more grass on the right. Will try it other way as well. Cheers!