Six Men

EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
edited January 25, 2014 in Street and Documentary
Six%20Men-XL.jpg
Eric ~ Smugmug

Comments

• toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2014
    Me thinks a longer depth of field Eric, for a good idea.
    Rags
  • EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2014
    Sorry rags, (for better or worse) can't agree this time - dof deliberate to emphasize primary subject - man in hat.
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,885 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2014
    I'm on the fence on this one, I like the idea, but I find the guy on the right distracting. I tried a "crop" using your technique i.e. blocking part of the photo with a piece of paper... and even though the proportions are strange if you crop out the guy on the right and the first drawing I find it works better. You would need to call it "four men" though. Still, I struggle to find the story...
  • TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2014
    Nothing like piling one, I guess, but this one kinda misses.

I think this might have been better with a more frontal view
    of your prime subject. It looks like he might have an expression
    worth capturing.
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited January 23, 2014
    I don't sense any connection between the guys themselves or between either of them and the drawings. ne_nau.gif
  • mayflymayfly Registered Users Posts: 232 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2014
    Eric, I come back to this one as I do like the expression in the nose and mouth of the man in profile. It makes me take extra looks at the noses in the four portraits. The only inconsistency is the sixth man.,
  • EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2014
    Thank-you, gentlemen for looking and commenting - it is endlessly fascinating to me
    how we each see, and react to the images we share here... sometimes with opinions converging on images/elements
    that *work* - and in this case, diverging... because, I like this image as-is and wouldn't change anything.

I probably have (at times) a more "oddball" eye and taste in images than y'all and this is one of those times...
    You wouldn't like the music I listen to, either... :bash ylsuper.giflol3.gif

For me, the *story* is the quirky incongruity of the scene, and the idea that nothing is explained -
    such as why those faces are on the wall. These men, in fact, have no connection, other than they appear in this image.
    So, what is missing to some, is what appeals to me - I found the faces interesting and the grouping *strange*... I like strange eek7.gif
    It is not unusual (nor wrong) for each of us to, occasionally, have a more singular vision of what works... this is
    one of those times for me...
    Thanks again guys for your ideas - it's always fun and interesting!
    Eric ~ Smugmug