Options

Galleries showing in Folders

PixelThisPixelThis Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited January 23, 2014 in SmugMug Customization
I have searched all over for a working answer to my question (both Google and several threads on this forum).
I am trying to place a Folder onto my Homepage and have that Folder open up to show all the Galleries contained within it. I have tried multiple ways, multiple times. I have deleted the galleries and folders as well. I can get one of two things to happen:
I place the Folder on to the Homepage via the Customize Site> Add Content Blocks> Navigation> Folders, Galleries, & Pages. Under "Select From" I select "Items I Choose" and then select the folder from "Item". Upon clicking on the Folder, it does not open it up to the Galleries contained within the Folder. It simply refreshes the page.
The other way is to place the Folder the same way as above, then choose Folder under "Select From" and then choose the Folder under "Folder". However, by doing this, the Folder then displays all of the Galleries contained within the folder.

I am trying to avoid the massive amounts of clutter that this will cause. I want individual Folders on my Homepage that show one image as the 'cover' of that Folder and I want the Folder to open up to the Galleries contained within upon clicking on it. I'm sure there is a simple solution to this that I am just missing, but I am extremely frustrated with it now as I have been trying for two days.

Comments

• Options
    jwashburnjwashburn Registered Users Posts: 476 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2014
    PixelThis wrote: »
    I have searched all over for a working answer to my question (both Google and several threads on this forum).
    I am trying to place a Folder onto my Homepage and have that Folder open up to show all the Galleries contained within it. I have tried multiple ways, multiple times. I have deleted the galleries and folders as well. I can get one of two things to happen:
    I place the Folder on to the Homepage via the Customize Site> Add Content Blocks> Navigation> Folders, Galleries, & Pages. Under "Select From" I select "Items I Choose" and then select the folder from "Item". Upon clicking on the Folder, it does not open it up to the Galleries contained within the Folder. It simply refreshes the page.
    The other way is to place the Folder the same way as above, then choose Folder under "Select From" and then choose the Folder under "Folder". However, by doing this, the Folder then displays all of the Galleries contained within the folder.

I am trying to avoid the massive amounts of clutter that this will cause. I want individual Folders on my Homepage that show one image as the 'cover' of that Folder and I want the Folder to open up to the Galleries contained within upon clicking on it. I'm sure there is a simple solution to this that I am just missing, but I am extremely frustrated with it now as I have been trying for two days.

That should be working as you have it. I just tested it using your first method. Can you share your URL?
  • Options
    PixelThisPixelThis Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited January 22, 2014
    jwashburn wrote: »
    That should be working as you have it. I just tested it using your first method. Can you share your URL?

pixel-thisphoto.com

It is the Detour Derby folder.
  • Options
    jwashburnjwashburn Registered Users Posts: 476 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2014
    PixelThis wrote: »
    pixel-thisphoto.com

It is the Detour Derby folder.

Its working fine. I clicked on Detour Derby and now I see two galleries