Options

HTML refresher please

sgrottasgrotta Registered Users Posts: 97 Big grins
edited January 23, 2014 in SmugMug Customization
I want to add an align center command to this phrase, and I can't seem to get the syntax correct....

<span style="color: #6699CC">“A delightful gem! Sally's photographs are exquisitely warm and inviting. Along with her didactic information, she presents an accessible and compelling reminder of our rich heritage of skilled craftsmen and artisans.... Sally is extremely professional, tireless, and a sheer joy to work with." ~ Kathryn Burke, Director of the Martin Art Gallery, Muhlenberg College, Allentown, PA </span>

I'd appreciate your help once again. Thanks, Sally

Comments

• Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2014
    You are working in new smugmug, correct?
    I think you need to use CSS, which you can use for both the font color and alignment.
    http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_align.asp
    http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_text.asp

I'm not a code person but I tried playing a bit with the W3S examples... but I couldn't be coherent enough to copy code here for you. (Sorry :D)
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2014
    If you are trying to center a block of text inside other text you might have to first make it a block with a
    width smaller then the total block. You could try this.

“A delightful gem! Sally's photographs are exquisitely warm and inviting. Along with her didactic information, she presents an accessible and compelling reminder of our rich heritage of skilled craftsmen and artisans.... Sally is extremely professional, tireless, and a sheer joy to work with." ~ Kathryn Burke, Director of the Martin Art Gallery, Muhlenberg College, Allentown, PA

Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    sgrottasgrotta Registered Users Posts: 97 Big grins
    edited January 23, 2014
    That worked Allen! Though I removed the 300px parameter, because I'm using stretchy. Instead I made the block 75% and put a
    between the quote and the attribution to Kathryn.

Many thanks, again, Sally