Options

Hidden Images not Showing?

guyguy Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
edited January 23, 2014 in SmugMug Support
I have some images in hidden galleries that i use for the design of my smugmug site & on blogger.

I'm pretty sure that before I could get a display url for an image that I could use in other places but then hide the image in the gallery itself so that it didn't show there.

This does not seem to be the case anymore, urls to images in hidden galleries or hidden images are not working this morning.

Is this another change or has it always been like this & I was just wrong before?

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2014
    Make sure the gallery is set to unlisted (not private) and External Embedding, Web Searchable and SmugMug Searchable are turned on.

Also the photos are not set to "hide".
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    guyguy Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2014
    Allen wrote: »
    Make sure the gallery is set to unlisted (not private) and External Embedding, Web Searchable and SmugMug Searchable are turned on.

Also the photos are not set to "hide".

All as outlined above Allen except the photo was set to hide (because I wanted to hide it in the gallery but not from use).

So are you saying photos in hidden galleries can be linked to but not hidden photos in open galleries?

Thanks.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2014
    guy wrote: »
    All as outlined above Allen except the photo was set to hide (because I wanted to hide it in the gallery but not from use).

So are you saying photos in hidden galleries can be linked to but not hidden photos in open galleries?

Thanks.
    External Embedding has to be on for the photo to show/used anywhere else.
    Hidden "hide" photos will only show to you logged in.

"hidden galleries" > "unlisted" shows to everyone with a direct link to the gallery
    "hidden galleries" > "private" will only show to you logged on
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog