Bulk Collect Now Live!

mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
edited January 28, 2014 in SmugMug Product News
Hey Dgrinners,

We added the ability to bulk collect when within a gallery. To get to the bulk collect feature, just go into the gallery on your SmugMug site (not in the organizer, the actual gallery). In the Lightbox, click the share button, then "Collect"

i-rbS3TjC-X3.png

The SmugMug photo picker will appear, where you will see all of the photos in the gallery. Select the photos, choose the target gallery, and you have bulk collected.

i-5JPW5jz-X3.png

Provide all feedback and questions here!

Comments

• silvio000silvio000 Registered Users Posts: 170 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2014
    Thank you :-) been wayting for this.

getting better everyday.

Sílvio Oliveirawww.silviooliveira.net

• Darter02Darter02 Registered Users Posts: 947 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2014
    Life just became a little easier! Thank you, this will cut some time out of my day.
  • pilotdavepilotdave Registered Users Posts: 785 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2014
    One of the major issues with the new smugmug ui is consistency. Here's a perfect example. Go to lightbox on one image to find a bulk tool? Why isn't this in the organizer where bulk tools belong? Why only lightbox? Since tools like this aren't available on the mobile site I can't test it now, but does it highlight the current image? That's always been a pet peeve of mine when it comes to bulk tools accessed from a single photo on smugmug. Chances are I want to do something with the image I'm staring at. Hopefully I don't need to find its tiny thumbnail in a screen of tiny thumbnails.

Smugmug, please figure out how you want to organize the various tools and be consistent. Right now things are spread between a ridiculous number of menus. We have organizer, the top menu bar, the tools menu, the share buttons (same icon meaning different things in different places), etc. There's no consistency to what tools are placed on what menu. This makes New smug far more complex than legacy and less efficient and harder to use. Probably not what you were going for.

Dave
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,008 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2014
    pilotdave wrote: »
    ... but does it highlight the current image? ...
    It highlights the current image here.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,008 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2014
    The collect box with all the thumbs goes behind/off/hidden on the left side of the screen when browser
    window is narrowed to ~1125 or smaller.
    Firefox
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • 1magineer1magineer Registered Users Posts: 95 Big grins
    edited January 24, 2014
    Woo hoo! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
    –Mark

"Conventional thinking is the ruin of our souls..." ~Rumi
    I observe the collect tool is also available from the share button using the Smugmug-style gallery view, not just via the Lightbox. Thank you very much.

Jim Ringland
    jtringl.smugmug.com
    Jim Ringland . . . . . jtringl.smugmug.com
  • brandofamilybrandofamily Registered Users Posts: 2,013 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2014
    Jtring wrote: »
    I observe the collect tool is also available from the share button using the Smugmug-style gallery view, not just via the Lightbox. Thank you very much.

Jim Ringland
    jtringl.smugmug.com

Collect tool is present in the lightbox that opens when you click an image in the organizer window too. I would like to get to the toll w/o going into lightbox in the organizer please. Why not have the option in the tool drop down.
  • toddbuchanantoddbuchanan Registered Users Posts: 61 Big grins
    edited January 25, 2014
    YAHOOOOOOO!!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!

That's a HUGE help for my clients (who may not be as web savvy) and for me!

And the new implementation looks GREAT! so nice to be able to go through and select a bunch in one easy step!
  • kimbomackimbomac Registered Users Posts: 99 Big grins
    edited January 25, 2014
    Please can someone explain... When you collect, does it sort of work like a smart gallery and put a virtual version of the image into another gallery?
    Kimbomac

(FeaturePhotography.net)
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator
    edited January 25, 2014
    kimbomac wrote: »
    Please can someone explain... When you collect, does it sort of work like a smart gallery and put a virtual version of the image into another gallery?
    Yes. From the help page at http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/93310:
    You can Collect a photo so that it displays in multiple galleries at once.
    --- Denise
  • kimbomackimbomac Registered Users Posts: 99 Big grins
    edited January 25, 2014
    Thanks, Denise!
    Kimbomac

(FeaturePhotography.net)
  • mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2014