Options

Unlisted page shows "Unlisted" in nav menu

mylifeinfocusmylifeinfocus Registered Users Posts: 208 Major grins
edited January 25, 2014 in SmugMug Customization
A couple questions I can't seem to find answers to in the forum:

1. I have an unlisted page ("Links") which I don't want to be visible from the Browse page, so I made it unlisted. I want to include in my top navigation. However, when I add it, it shows "Links (unlisted)" on the nav. I'm wondering does it say "unlisted" because I'm logged in (and in Preview mode)? I don't want it to say "unlisted" when I unveil the site. Just Links.

2. I used custom code for my right-click protection message (found in this link here: http://www.smugocity.com/CSS/Text-Replace/Custom-Right-Click-Protection?)
Is there a way to get the custom message to "fade" off after a few seconds? I'm not sure what the CSS for that would be. I like the way the box looks, but would like the message to fade away after it appears instead of making it remain visible until the user clicks off of it. Below is the CSS I used:

.sm-tooltip.sm-right-click-message {
background-color: #fff;
border-radius: 7px;
border: 2px solid #00c4ff;
box-shadow: -4px 5px 10px #000;
color: #000;
padding: 10px;
}

Thank for any help!

Alice

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited January 24, 2014
    1. I have an unlisted page ("Links") which I don't want to be visible from the Browse page, so I made it unlisted. I want to include in my top navigation. However, when I add it, it shows "Links (unlisted)" on the nav. I'm wondering does it say "unlisted" because I'm logged in (and in Preview mode)? I don't want it to say "unlisted" when I unveil the site. Just Links.
    The unlisted tag is only shown when you are logged in. Once you unveil your site viewers will not see that tag when they are viewing your links page.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited January 24, 2014
    The unlisted tag is only shown when you are logged in. Once you unveil your site viewers will not see that tag when they are viewing your links page.

--- Denise

Awesome. That's what I'd hoped. Thanks Denise.
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited January 25, 2014
    2. I used custom code for my right-click protection message (found in this link here: http://www.smugocity.com/CSS/Text-Replace/Custom-Right-Click-Protection?)
    Is there a way to get the custom message to "fade" off after a few seconds? I'm not sure what the CSS for that would be. I like the way the box looks, but would like the message to fade away after it appears instead of making it remain visible until the user clicks off of it. Below is the CSS I used:

.sm-tooltip.sm-right-click-message {
    background-color: #fff;
    border-radius: 7px;
    border: 2px solid #00c4ff;
    box-shadow: -4px 5px 10px #000;
    color: #000;
    padding: 10px;
    }
    I found some code that might be worth trying. See http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14084896/create-a-css-only-popup-with-fade-and-effect.

--- Denise
  • Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2014
    Regarding unlisted links in the top navbar:

- If you set "include sublinks" ON for a folder which contains unlisted galleries, the links for unlisted galleries will not show when you are logged out.
    - If you set up an individual link to an unlisted gallery on the navbar, that WILL show to the public.
  • Options
    edited January 25, 2014
    Thanks for the code link, Denise. I'll check that out.

ChancyRat, thanks for the info on the unlisted links. I think I have mine set as an individual link to an unlisted gallery, which I do want to show to the public. I just don't want it to say "unlisted" beside it like it does now (when I'm logged in). I assume that goes away once I unveil to the public. If not, I can redo the page and just not make it unlisted.
  • Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2014
    ChancyRat, thanks for the info on the unlisted links. I think I have mine set as an individual link to an unlisted gallery, which I do want to show to the public. I just don't want it to say "unlisted" beside it like it does now (when I'm logged in). I assume that goes away once I unveil to the public. If not, I can redo the page and just not make it unlisted.

I can't remember what the behavior is, whether you see "unlisted". I think you do - well, not sure. lol. I just learned this the hard way because I thought they would not show. I wanted easy access to unlisted galleries myself when logged in, which is why I put them there. When I saw they showed up to the public I removed them.