Options

Email link to iOS-compatible slideshow?

joemajoema Registered Users Posts: 8 Big grins
edited January 27, 2014 in SmugMug Support
Within a gallery, I use "share"->"get a link"->"Gallery Links"->"Slideshow", then email that.

Everyone on iOS devices gets this error: "Holy HTTP, Batman! You need the latest version of Adobe Flash Player to view the show! Get it here!"

Upon clicking on that link, they get an error saying "We're Sorry, This content requires Adobe Flash Player, which is not supported by your device".

How do I send a link to a slideshow which will work on multiple devices types, whether they have Flash or not?

Comments

• Options
    pbandjpbandj Registered Users Posts: 237 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2014
    joema wrote: »
    Within a gallery, I use "share"->"get a link"->"Gallery Links"->"Slideshow", then email that.

Everyone on iOS devices gets this error: "Holy HTTP, Batman! You need the latest version of Adobe Flash Player to view the show! Get it here!"

Upon clicking on that link, they get an error saying "We're Sorry, This content requires Adobe Flash Player, which is not supported by your device".

How do I send a link to a slideshow which will work on multiple devices types, whether they have Flash or not?

Not an answer to your question, but that link goes to the old legacy version of the slideshow. I've submitted that as a bug report and mentioned it several times, but Smugmug doesn't seem inclined to do anything about it...
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2014
    The share button > slideshow link is for the old Flash slideshow which won't play on mobile devices.
    Instead of sharing that, the best way would be to share the lightbox link instead. Within the lightbox, there's a play button in the bottom left that allows a visitor to start the slideshow with the push of a button regardless of the device he's using.

You can see an example following this link, which opens the SmugMug Heroes gallery in lightbox showing the play button to start the slideshow.

Right now, it's not possible to link to a self running slideshow supported on all devices. I'm sorry.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero