Street scene

RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
edited January 28, 2014 in Street and Documentary

Comments

• toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2014
    Well done

Excellent comp planning... getting the bicyclist in the highlight (left shoulder was a bonus... thumb.gif)
    Rags
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited January 26, 2014
    Thanks, Rags. "Planning" gives me too much credit, though. More like recognizing a lucky break in post. mwink.gif
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,885 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2014
    This is excellent! Like Rags said, I really like how the clear area in the background follows the cyclist's contour. The pic also makes you wonder what the different stories are. Well done.
  • rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2014
    Really like this. Might be a stronger image if you cut out the entire left side with the people in sunlight.
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2014
    Richard wrote: »
    Thanks, Rags. "Planning" gives me too much credit, though. More like recognizing a lucky break in post. mwink.gif

Ah yes happenstance, however only happens to the watchful eye. mwink.gif
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited January 28, 2014
    Juano wrote: »
    This is excellent! Like Rags said, I really like how the clear area in the background follows the cyclist's contour. The pic also makes you wonder what the different stories are. Well done.
    Thanks, Juano. Yeah, that contour worked out well.
    rainbow wrote: »
    Really like this. Might be a stronger image if you cut out the entire left side with the people in sunlight.
    Interesting thought. It might work, but it would be an entirely different image. What attracted me to the scene in the first place was the interplay of bright light and shadow.
  • rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2014
    There is less of a connection between the two on the left and two on the right then there is between the two on the right actually fitting together in contour (which is lost in original). Different image, but perhaps stronger...

BTW, not much street shooting recently...