Options

Last week in Sanibel Island

kgarrett11kgarrett11 Registered Users Posts: 525 Major grins
edited February 5, 2014 in Wildlife
I took the MLK weekend and went down south to Sanibel Island. I spent Saturday on Sanibel Island and then on Sunday I drove around Fort Myers and Venice. Let me know what you think, PLEASE.

#1 Diving pelican
20140118_Ding_Darling-469-2-X2.jpg

#2 In Sync
20140118_Ding_Darling-738-X2.jpg

#3 Almost diner
20140118_Ding_Darling-592-X2.jpg

#4 Rippled reflection
20140118_Ding_Darling-538-X2.jpg

#5 From the rookery in Venice
20140119_Frot_myers-363-2-M.jpg

#6 and Woody was in Fort Myers
20140119_Frot_myers-98-X2.jpg

#7 Waiting for diner
20140119_Frot_myers-130-X2.jpg
www.Prideinphotography.com
Powered by Smugmug
Three passions wildlife, golf and the STEELERS
Equipment
Nikon D4, D300

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2014
    Hi KG, Great set! Bunch of action shots!!

#1 , #3 and #5 are just fantastic and near flawless.

#2 is kind of shot that I have been trying for any kind of bird but to find 4 egrets in sync, pretty awesome. I only wish the water in #1 and #2 was not so dark blue, but I know there is nothing you can do about harsh light or how it reflects.

#5 is sharp and egret is glowing beautifully but background is super dark. Not sure if it would help but I would at least try to lighten up the dark in processing.

#6 is cute but not sharp.

#7 What is the story behind this shot? Were you too far? That is one gorgeous bird! How come you don't have any closeups?

Great work! Thanks for sharing!!
  • Options
    kgarrett11kgarrett11 Registered Users Posts: 525 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2014
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    Hi KG, Great set! Bunch of action shots!!

#1 , #3 and #5 are just fantastic and near flawless.

#2 is kind of shot that I have been trying for any kind of bird but to find 4 egrets in sync, pretty awesome. I only wish the water in #1 and #2 was not so dark blue, but I know there is nothing you can do about harsh light or how it reflects.

#5 is sharp and egret is glowing beautifully but background is super dark. Not sure if it would help but I would at least try to lighten up the dark in processing.

#6 is cute but not sharp.

#7 What is the story behind this shot? Were you too far? That is one gorgeous bird! How come you don't have any closeups?

Great work! Thanks for sharing!!

Thank you very much for your CC. #5 is heavily cropped. I will try to see if I can do anything with the background. #7 I have several other versions of this one. I was on a wooden boardwalk and was actually able to walk around and get this one from different angles. You can see them at www.prideinphotography.com in the NATURE gallery (Fort Myers and South Florida)
    #6 I probably should not have put that one up here. It is not my best work but I see these woodpeckers so seldom that I want to remind myself that as the yellow M&M says "They do exist"
    www.Prideinphotography.com