Options

Personal Spin Class

danieloowensdanieloowens Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
edited January 27, 2014 in Sports
When it comes to spontaneous shots my wife is my number one subject, which I am thankful she doesn't get to annoyed with me. While walking in on her bike exercise to ask a simple question I noticed a great opportunity to take her picture with the sun light coming through the windows. Unfortunately after grabbing my camera the sun quickly vanished so I decided to set up two speedlites outside the window to once again get what the sun was producing, a hard light with dramatic shadows. After a few shots we were done, after all I didn't want to bother my wife anymore. :D
Daniel O Owens
"The Motocross Photographer"
I photograph ATV Motocross, ATV & Dirtbike GNCC Racing, Amsoil ARENACROSS & private sessions for riders, teams and manufactures.
My two main clients are NumberOneATV and Dirt Rider Magazine.

Comments

• Options
    jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2014
    I love the light and the composition, nice job recreating the sun with flash. But I wish she was looking straight ahead. I think she would look more determined and driven, and I think you would probably have gotten Rembrandt lighting on her face. I don't think this angle on her face is very flattering.
    -Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.