Options

Comment's "Post" button not appearing

OMMBoyOMMBoy Registered Users Posts: 113 Major grins
edited January 28, 2014 in SmugMug Support
Hello!

I've had a couple friends around the country report to me that they are unable to post a comment to pictures in one of my galleries because the "Post" button is nonexistent. Another friend stated that the "Comment" icon at the bottom of the page was missing (the little speech bubble icon). I and two other friends tested it out for ourselves and everything worked properly. Any ideas what might be going on here?

Here's the link to the gallery; use p/w: kratos

The first picture is from the friend who didn't see the "Post" button -- he had time to type the message and get a screenshot:
i-bKTBTJ5-L.png

This picture is one from my computer and shows the "Post" button:
i-Qdsf4Sb-L.png

Thank you for any help you are able to provide.

Chris
Runfola Photography

The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE.
Ernst Haas, 1985

Comments

• Options
    pbandjpbandj Registered Users Posts: 237 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2014
    I don't have any answer/advice, but did want to verify that I can reproduce your friend's behavior regarding the missing "post" button. If I go to the gallery you specified, open the lightbox, click the little comment icon, and begin typing in the comment box, I get a screen that looks just like your first screen shot, with no "POST" button.
  • Options
    tomnovytomnovy Registered Users Posts: 1,101 SmugMug Employee
    edited January 28, 2014
    Hi Chris,

I have tested this on my account and I can replicate this behaviour as well. I have reported this to our engineers.

They will check this issue as soon as possible.

Please standby

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
    SmugMug Support Hero | Customizer | My SmugMug site - http://www.photom.me | Customization Portal - https://portal.photom.me
  • Options
    OMMBoyOMMBoy Registered Users Posts: 113 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2014
    Thank you both for confirming this and, Tom, for reporting it to your engineers.

A quick observation: I noticed this morning that there is a slight delay (about 1-2 seconds) after clicking in the comment box before the "Post" button appears. Maybe this little bit of info will help with the troubleshooting.

Chris
    Runfola Photography

The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE.
    Ernst Haas, 1985