Options

Homepage Slideshow Help

RyanWsurfRyanWsurf Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
edited January 30, 2014 in SmugMug Customization
Hello. I'm having some problems with the homepage slideshow. I currently have the full screen slideshow for the background on my page. But the quality of the pictures is getting distorted. It is only very slightly but i can still see a change. It appears as though the pictures are being lifted up and become slightly blurry, then dropped down and has the original quality. It happens right before the fade to the next picture. Not sure if it is the computer I'm on thats doing it or if it happens on other computers.

This is my site if you wanted to see for yourself: www.ryanwattersphoto.com

Let me know if you need anymore info

Thanks, Ryan W

Comments

• Options
    edited January 29, 2014
    some advice I'm going to try..

You may want to set up a gallery for your homepage slideshow instead of selectively choosing them from several galleries.

This will allow you to set the Maximum Viewing Size for the used images to Original, instead of X3Large as they are set now. They may be stretched to fit currently.

Then choose this gallery for your slideshow.

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask us.
  • Options
    phaserbeamphaserbeam Registered Users Posts: 452 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2014
    RyanWsurf wrote: »
    This is my site if you wanted to see for yourself: www.ryanwattersphoto.com

Looks good to me.

I have noticed a similar effect when not using the "fade" effect. Then photos will appeary blurry first and then switch to better quality as soon as the full photo is loaded. Using the "fade" effect in the background slideshow settings seem to look better.

I was also told that some brothers do load a blurry preview bevor the full photo is loaded, i think it was chrome doing that. Which browser are you using? (Me is on official Firefox 26/Linux).

Do you see the effect on by homepage slideshow also? (Select my homepage from my nickname on the left).
  • Options
    edited January 29, 2014
    phaserbeam wrote: »
    Looks good to me.

I have noticed a similar effect when not using the "fade" effect. Then photos will appeary blurry first and then switch to better quality as soon as the full photo is loaded. Using the "fade" effect in the background slideshow settings seem to look better.

I was also told that some brothers do load a blurry preview bevor the full photo is loaded, i think it was chrome doing that. Which browser are you using? (Me is on official Firefox 26/Linux).

Do you see the effect on by homepage slideshow also? (Select my homepage from my nickname on the left).

Your site seems just fine. I'm hoping it is just my computer or browser. I'm using Chrome. Nice pics btw, love the wildlife ones!
  • Options
    phaserbeamphaserbeam Registered Users Posts: 452 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2014
    RyanWsurf wrote: »
    Your site seems just fine. I'm hoping it is just my computer or browser. I'm using Chrome.

If my site looks OK in your browser while your site does not then there must be something else. Have you tried playing with the settings for SPEED and TRANSITION SPEED? My settings are 5/1.

Besides that i have no idea...