Options

weather afterthought

kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,274 Major grins
edited January 30, 2014 in The Dgrin Challenges
So much weather to contend with recently! I was too afraid, as we were on a sheet of ice, to unbuckle my seat belt for the 30 seconds it would have taken to get my camera out of the back seat; so all I had was my cell phone. This was taken in central Illinois on the interstate--found out later there were over 350 cars & trucks in the ditch, and the National Guard had to be called in.
i-zFb75Jb-L.jpg
Kate
www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain

Comments

• Options
    JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited January 30, 2014
    Wow...that's a lot of vehicles in the ditch! I find quite a bit of irony in the situation that winter has put the whole nation in! Here in Alaska, we are just now for the first time today in 3 weeks are seeing temps under freezing, (currently it is 20F degrees)! Usually this time of year we have 10+ feet of snow in some places and are in the deepest part of winter freeze at sub zero temps for weeks on end. But yet we at this moment, have green grass showing, trees that are thoroughly confused and up until this morning, several inches of water on top of the ice on the lake! I am sure that the bears woke from hibernation saying "Where's the sun?" (since we are still in the shorter days, but the gain each day!).

Nice capture of weather! Cell phones can come in handy if they have good cameras on them! My htc android has a really horrible lens and camera sensor on it.
  • Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,944 moderator
    edited January 30, 2014
    Great cell phone capture of a scary situation! Glad you made it home safely!