Options

23 miles from Seattle

FlyNavyFlyNavy Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
edited February 1, 2014 in Other Cool Shots

Comments

• Options
    JeffC230JeffC230 Registered Users Posts: 165 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2014
    Wow, I love this shot.....quite a bit. Bravo!
    Jeff K.
    Newbie in Action
    http://www.photospaced.com
  • Options
    edited January 31, 2014
    JeffC230 wrote: »
    Wow, I love this shot.....quite a bit. Bravo!

Thank you!
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2014
    Hey, any shot taken from a cockpit while flying, and still maintain technical excellence, is a certain OTC for me! Cheers!
  • Options
    EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2014
    THAT is neat! Looks like something from Star Trek.
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2014
    Very interesting, John. Something about this shot puzzles me. The territory in the distance is sharply focused, the cockpit surroundings are very softly focused....yet the heads-up display ( which is also in the cockpit ) is sharply rendered. Got any explanation for that?

Good to see some of your work...been too long,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,913 moderator
    edited February 1, 2014
    Very cool shot. thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited February 1, 2014
    Very interesting, John. Something about this shot puzzles me. The territory in the distance is sharply focused, the cockpit surroundings are very softly focused....yet the heads-up display ( which is also in the cockpit ) is sharply rendered. Got any explanation for that?

Tom

Tom, I too am amazed how the data in the HUD is always in perfect focus. PFM? The photo is f8. I did find that my camera tried to focus on the frame of the HUD a few times. When pilots first sit down in the cockpit with a HUD they are always amazed at the technology. It really makes flying a dream. We hand fly to Cat III minimums using the HUD. The glass display is actually a curved surface and the data does not all show up in my photos no matter how I focus or what aperture I use. I will post another photo that also shows the HUD data and clouds in focus but the rest of the cockpit out of focus.
  • Options
    edited February 1, 2014

Tom

DSC06205-X2.jpg