Options

Can't link menu to page/folder

G and EG and E Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
edited January 31, 2014 in SmugMug Customization
Hi, I'm just starting out in the new smugmug, and trying to link the menu bar tabs to my folders, which contain galleries. When I try to link to my 'client galleries' or 'portfolios' folders, it pulls up a blank page. If I turn on the sublink drop downs, it works for portfolios which is one folder with galleries, but not for client galleries, which a folder with folders with galleries. Does that make sense? What do I need to do to be able to link to these pages?

WWW.CAPTURESSENCEPHOTOGRAPHY.COM

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2014
    G and E wrote: »
    Hi, I'm just starting out in the new smugmug, and trying to link the menu bar tabs to my folders, which contain galleries. When I try to link to my 'client galleries' or 'portfolios' folders, it pulls up a blank page. If I turn on the sublink drop downs, it works for portfolios which is one folder with galleries, but not for client galleries, which a folder with folders with galleries. Does that make sense? What do I need to do to be able to link to these pages?

WWW.CAPTURESSENCEPHOTOGRAPHY.COM

Thanks!

Are you setting up the links in the menu block, via the "page I choose", and then navigating to the folders? If not, use that method.

Then, I think you need to do this:
    LINK to main folder [and turn off show subfolder contents]
    LINK to first subfolder [and turn ON show subfolder contents] [and drag this link block to under and slightly to the right of the folder above
    LINK to second subfolder [and turn ON show subfolder contents] [and drag this link block to under and slightly to the right of the same first folder above
    Does that make sense?
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,251 moderator
    edited January 31, 2014
    Are you saying that when you click on your link to a folder or gallery that it brings up a page without content? It may be that you are missing the galleries and folders content blocks.

In the customizer, edit folders. If there isn't a galleries and folders content block on that page, drag one in. You may need to do similar for galleries.

--- Denise