What can be found in dreams

TriksterTrikster Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
edited February 2, 2014 in Holy Macro
My two favorite lenses to use on my Fuji XE1 are a Carl Zeiss Jena Biotar 2/58 from 1959 and an A. Schacht Ulm Travenar 135mm f/3.5 from around 1949. Both lenses are in Exakta mount and I have to use an adapter. I rescued these and about 30 other old lenses from being trashed at a photo school.

Tonight I was very tired and drifted off to sleep. I had a dream and in the dream I was going through an old suitcase that had old camera gear, knowing something I would really wat to use was in there.

I woke up and pulled out the suitcase. My grandmother collected cameras and stored them in the suitcase in my dream. Going through the case, not only did I find an original Zeiss lens cap that goes with the lens, but also a complete mint set of Exakta mount extension tubes.

I love shooting with tubes. Nearly all of my best shots have used tubes and now I have some for my favorite lenses. I am so excited to try them out. Once things start to bloom, I guarantee that I will be posting more using this setup. Heck, I think I can even get to 1:1 magnification with the Zeiss!

Pleased as punch here. Had to share.
Kevin Woodard

Manual focus lens and Fuji/Nikon gear junkie
http://flickr.com/photos/kevinwoodard/

Comments