Options

Broken D600

Dooginfif20Dooginfif20 Registered Users Posts: 845 Major grins
edited February 10, 2014 in Nikon Land
So on a flight over to Pittsburgh I was forced at the gate to check my carry on. They didn't give me a chance to remove anything out of it so my D600 was forced to ride in the cold undercarriage of the plane. As a result of some people not being so gentle with my bag my D600 was broke. It seemed to show no signs of damage on the outside when I inspected it at the airport, but when I got back to the hotel I realized that something was off with the focus. I sent it in to Nikon to get repaired and they said it is beyond repair due to a broken main cast. So here I am looking to get rid of this D600. Good new is the camera actually works in live view if you are shooting video! Anyways throw me some offers!

*UPDATE*

Its on ebay due to lack of interest

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151224977662?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649#ht_44wt_1153

Comments

• Options
    agspecialtiesagspecialties Registered Users Posts: 146 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2014
    So on a flight over to Pittsburgh I was forced at the gate to check my carry on. They didn't give me a chance to remove anything out of it so my D600 was forced to ride in the cold undercarriage of the plane. As a result of some people not being so gentle with my bag my D600 was broke. It seemed to show no signs of damage on the outside when I inspected it at the airport, but when I got back to the hotel I realized that something was off with the focus. I sent it in to Nikon to get repaired and they said it is beyond repair due to a broken main cast. So here I am looking to get rid of this D600. Good new is the camera actually works in live view if you are shooting video! Anyways throw me some offers!

PM me. I am interested in it.
  • Options
    edited February 3, 2014
    Looks like D600s on ebay that are parts only are going for around $100-300. Make me offers people!
  • Options
    CambysesCambyses Registered Users Posts: 141 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2014
    Sorry to hear that... Just curious though. What kind of carry-on bag did you have? And why did they not allow you to take some stuff out of your bag? I, for one, would appreciate a bit more detail so I can hopefully avoid a similar problem in my trips. Thanks...
  • Options
    codyjbennettcodyjbennett Registered Users Posts: 143 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2014
    I had sent a PM, but haven't seen a response. I'll continue standing by. Just thought I'd post here in case you hadn't seen it hit your inbox.
  • Options
    edited February 6, 2014
    All PMs replied to. It is also now posted on ebay due to lack of interest.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151224977662?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649#ht_44wt_1153
  • Options
    edited February 10, 2014
    Item has been sold.