Options

Lightroom Plugin Photo Order Syncing

JtringJtring Registered Users Posts: 673 Major grins
edited January 31, 2014 in SmugMug Feature Requests
Sometime during the last few months, the Lightroom plug-in acquired an interesting new feature. When an on-line gallery is updated via the upload of either pictures or metadata, and the gallery sorting is set to "Sort Manually", then the order of pictures on-line is re-set to the order in the plug-in. For that most part, I've found that to be a useful feature. However, there's a side-effect. If I use the Organizer to re-order photos in a gallery, I have to remember to repeat the same moves back in Lightroom. If I don't and I later decide to do something as simple fix a typo in a caption, I undo my manual re-ordering. I rather like the from-Lightroom-to-SmugMug re-ordering capability, but it would be nice if there was some easy mechanism for going the other way. I'd like to put in the request that the Lightroom Sync Photos function also sync photo order.

Jim Ringland
jtringl.smugmug.com
Jim Ringland . . . . . jtringl.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited January 31, 2014
    G'day Jim,

Firstly, LR doesn't provide any SDK functionality for me to modify the ordering of images...so that's out unfortunately.

I don't believe that LR is doing something wrong, but more that there is potentially an issue with our API when I'm updating the image info. I'll try to dig into this next week.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    JtringJtring Registered Users Posts: 673 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2014
    I don't see LR or the plugin doing anything wrong either. The re-ordering is, as they say, a feature, not a bug. A useful feature, no less. -- Jim Ringland
    Jim Ringland . . . . . jtringl.smugmug.com