Options

Hidden menu drop

AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
edited February 2, 2014 in SmugMug Support
I'm getting pretty disgusted with this. Clicking on page BELOW my menu clicks to a link in the
menu drop even though the drop is not showing. Sometimes I'll be way below the menu but
within the area of long drops.

Anyone else seen this?

Lots of times I'm just clicking in window to activate window.
Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
My Website index | My Blog

Comments

• Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2014
    Allen wrote: »
    I'm getting pretty disgusted with this. Clicking on page BELOW my menu clicks to a link in the
    menu drop even though the drop is not showing. Sometimes I'll be way below the menu but
    within the area of long drops.

Anyone else seen this?

Lots of times I'm just clicking in window to activate window.

I have not seen it on my SM site, but I have seen the behavior in other contexts. Sometimes if the browser zoom level is too high or too low, the mouse can't click the button, or it's clickable but on an unrelated part of the page. What happens if you zoom in or out and test?
  • Options
    edited February 1, 2014
    Zoom's at 100%. Plus it very random.
  • Options
    edited February 1, 2014
    Grrr then.
    I have not seen that behavior but I have seen:
    When I hover over a main link in the top menu, expecting the dropdown menu to open, instead the dropdown menu of the link right under the link I'm hovering over (so the next row down), THAT dropdown opens instead. I haven't figured out what conditions trigger that.
  • Options
    edited February 1, 2014
    ChancyRat wrote: »
    Grrr then.
    I have not seen that behavior but I have seen:
    When I hover over a main link in the top menu, expecting the dropdown menu to open, instead the dropdown menu of the link right under the link I'm hovering over (so the next row down), THAT dropdown opens instead. I haven't figured out what conditions trigger that.
    I see when sliding down from top menu into its drop the 2nd menu's drop appears momentarily.
    So top drop opens ok. This only happens in top drop 1st cell when the 2nd level main is underneath.

I have two menus but the top one has no drops.

Red is mouse pointer slid down
  • Options
    edited February 2, 2014
    Wow, twice DG scrapped my response. When will I remember to copy what I write before sending eek7.gif.

I wasn't clear about one piece that happens for me - thanks for looking, Allen - which is that I'm unable to bring the submenu into view. The bottom submenu holds firm visibly. I've tried mouse angle of approach, speed, landing location, etc.. I just try and try, maybe 4-5 times, and suddenly the correct sub-menu appears. I cannot discern why. I've wondered if my sublink line height (small), font choice, font size, and border settings, are the cause.
    But this doesn't have anything to do with your problem, correct?