Options

Multiple Delete?

agalliaagallia Registered Users Posts: 541 Major grins
edited February 2, 2014 in SmugMug Support
How do I delete multiple photos from a gallery? Thanks.
Acadiana Al
Smugmug: Bayou Oaks Studio
Blog: Journey to the Light
"Serendipity...the faculty of making happy, unexpected discoveries by accident." .... Horace Walpole, 1754 (perhaps that 'lucky shot' wasn't really luck at all!)

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2014
    Go to Organizer and click all the photos you want to delete. Use shift or control key to select multiples.
    Click trash can.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited February 2, 2014
    Thanks, Allen. But trying to decide if an image should be deleted by looking at thumbs is risky without seeing larger size. Is there anyway to view images individually and flag for multiple delete? Seems Old SM had a enlarged pop up on mouse over in multiple delete mode.
    Acadiana Al
    "Serendipity...the faculty of making happy, unexpected discoveries by accident." .... Horace Walpole, 1754 (perhaps that 'lucky shot' wasn't really luck at all!)
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2014
    agallia wrote: »
    Thanks, Allen. But trying to decide if an image should be deleted by looking at thumbs is risky without seeing larger size. Is there anyway to view images individually and flag for multiple delete? Seems Old SM had a enlarged pop up on mouse over in multiple delete mode.
    [strike]Try this. In the gallery quickly edit the caption for the ones you want to delete and add "_delete" in
    front of anything in the caption. Then in Organizer sort by caption. The delete group of photos should
    show first I think.
    [/strike]

Another possible option:
    I think you could "hide" the photos to delete and the eye will appear on them in the Organizer.
    Just checked and it works. Photo tools wrench > Organize > hide
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    mrneutronmrneutron Registered Users Posts: 214 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2014
    There's no way to flag images for multiple deletion. You can click to enable filenames in the organizer. http://www.screencast.com/t/Iwd44bKWJZ
    Andy K
    SmugMug Support Hero
    help.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited February 2, 2014
    Allen wrote: »
    [strike]Try this. In the gallery quickly edit the caption for the ones you want to delete and add "_delete" in
    front of anything in the caption. Then in Organizer sort by caption. The delete group of photos should
    show first I think.
    [/strike]

Another possible option:
    I think you could "hide" the photos to delete and the eye will appear on them in the Organizer.
    Just checked and it works. Photo tools wrench > Organize > hide

Thanks, Allen. Yes guess the 'hide' option will work as you said. But hope SM comes up with an easier way.
    Acadiana Al