WARNING! ALERT! Baby Photos Approaching!

ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
edited December 21, 2005 in People
I think your whole outlook on baby photos changes once you've actually got your own baby. They're pretty difficult little suckers to take good pictures of. They move a lot, they rarely smile on cue, and they frequently are drooling or otherwise messing up their face/hands/clothing/hair. It's freakin' awesome!

45979449-L.jpg
In all seriousness...

48447568-L.jpg
First High Chair

48484641-L.jpg
Hey, what's that? Stop that right now!
(Really, it was 100% empty and dried off).

Personally, I enjoy looking at other people's baby pictures... when I'm not having even more fun taking care of (or pictures of) my boy. I think Labs has done some really creative shots with Sam.

Now bird pictures! That's another story... all bird pictures need to be expunged from Nature & Wildlife. :rofl

48981338-S.jpg
Chris

Comments

• marlofmarlof Registered Users Posts: 1,833 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2005
    Nice shots. I especially like the one in the high chair.
    enjoy being here while getting there
  • rahmonsterrahmonster Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2005
    I really like the first one. I love close ups of kids. I know what you mean about baby pictures. My son is by far my favourite subject to photograph. And it really is a challenge. You did really really well!
    www.tmitchell.smugmug.com

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life...Picasso
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2005
    Nice shots, i also really liked the one in the chair.

The one with the bottle made me laugh, it reminded me of some baby-pictures of myself.

49006737-M.jpg

49006741-M.jpg

rolleyes1.gif
  • Aviator327Aviator327 Registered Users Posts: 95 Big grins
    edited December 20, 2005
    ivar wrote:
    Nice shots, i also really liked the one in the chair.

The one with the bottle made me laugh, it reminded me of some baby-pictures of myself.

49006737-M.jpg

49006741-M.jpg

rolleyes1.gif

looks like you are the PIC. Acft type?
    CANON 1D 10D 40D
    EF50MM 1.4
    EF50MM 1.8 MKI
    EF28-135MM IS USM
    EF 17-40MM F4L
    EF 70-200MM f4L
    CANON 580EX
  • JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2005
    I love the tongue shot!
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2005
    Aviator327 wrote:
    looks like you are the PIC. Acft type?
    I had to think about what you meant for a second, i was too involved with the beer-bottle, hahahaha, but yeah, i was the PIC of the beer-bottle too

I was actually in the right seat of a C172R at the time instructing one of my students who took the picture, but i flipped the picture rolleyes1.gif I just liked me looking to the right better for the avatar then to the left. Currently unemployed, last thing i flew was C525/CitationJet I (so if any of you has a job for me....)

Sorry, 95Mcaj, i just realized we're taking over this thread with alot of rubbish, i'll stick to private messages from now.
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited December 20, 2005
    Good shots Chris! Little cuttie too.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • JnicholsJnichols Registered Users Posts: 223 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2005
    AW! Great pictures! My favorite is the one where he's sticking out his tongue. clap.gif
  • ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2005
    Thanks for the comments! Sounds like there was something for everyone! He's definitely become my prime subject... it's really hard to take pictures of anything else even when we are somewhere interesting.

ivar - great old shots with the Pilsener bottle! No worries about hijackin'.

Happy New Year to everyone! I'm off to the Dull Gray Northwest (as opposed to the Great White North), aka Seattle.
    Chris