Options

Smugmug keeps adding sharpening

StrakerStraker Registered Users Posts: 8 Big grins
edited February 4, 2014 in SmugMug Support
Hi I'm hoping someone can help me, the problem I have is with sharpening

I keep getting a noticeably sharper image when I upload to Smugmug (which I don't want) I have all of the sharpening settings in the gallery set to 0.000

When I view the image in Photo shop before uploading it looks fine but as soon as its uploaded and I compare images the uploaded version is noticeably sharper which I don't want.

Am I doing something wrong?

Comments

• Options
    LindyLindy Registered Users Posts: 202 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2014
    Hey Straker,

There are gallery sharpness settings that apply only to your display copies. Those are explained right here, so perhaps that's what you're seeing: http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/93250

If that's not the issue, please email us, and include a gallery link, and we'll be happy to take a look.

Lindy
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Registered Users Posts: 8 Big grins
    edited February 4, 2014
    Lindy wrote: »
    Hey Straker,

There are gallery sharpness settings that apply only to your display copies. Those are explained right here, so perhaps that's what you're seeing: http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/93250

If that's not the issue, please email us, and include a gallery link, and we'll be happy to take a look.

Lindy
    SmugMug Support Hero

Thanks for the reply Lindy but its far more technical than that ... I've finally worked it out

I have a calibrated monitor (calibrated with Datacolor Spyder) so when my computer is switched on it loads the colour settings that have been calibrated.

What I did not realise is when I load Photoshop it loads a standard SRGB setting as a proof read so when I've been editing my images I've been adding colour and contrast that looked correct to me, but when uploaded and then viewing online I've noticed that extra brightness and contrast was showing in the image making it look sharper and not true to how I saw it in photoshop ... cant believe I've not noticed this before.