Options

Problems with collage gallery in IE11

FergusonFerguson Registered Users Posts: 1,339 Major grins
edited February 8, 2014 in SmugMug Support
When I go here (and other galleries as well) with IE11:

http://www.captivephotons.com/Events/FGCUMBB/JU020614/

I see only a few images, it doesn't load as I try to scroll down.

Sometimes.

When I view it with Chrome or Firefox, it works fine. At least every time I've tried.

I just found this out from a customer complaint, so not sure if it just started, or what. They say "most recent galleries" but I think the problem is intermittent as opposed to continuous, so finding a pattern is difficult. And there is a problem in Chrome, but different results (but I suspect same issue - some kind of failure to load an image).

I also saw it with this, though it loaded more, and this is an old gallery:

http://www.captivephotons.com/Events/FGCUBaseball/FGCUvStetson051813/

Again, what I'm seeing is intermittent - anyone else?

Here are some specific examples:

The first is a set of missing images in Chrome, right in the middle (they do not fill in if you just sit):

i-dz86qbm-X3.jpg

The second is IE11 showing the "end" of a gallery -- it's barely near the beginning. You can see the bottom contents below the last shot, no indication it is trying to load more.

i-h2CGXC9-X3.jpg

The third is the same gallery but on Chrome. It's MUCH further down in the gallery, demonstrating that IE11 is stopping early:

i-HWT4Vgg-X3.jpg

No apparent issues for me for internet access (I'm actually running a continual monitoring program now for unrelated reasons to make sure), 100mbs line, short ping times, etc.

And again -- multiple people and computers, since this originated with a customer complaint to me.

Linwood

Comments

• Options
    edited February 7, 2014
    Not an IE problem
    I received a pretty quick response from the help desk - they are aware of the problem and have received reports from others. They suggest you do a customize, customize-site, done, discard changes. This is a workaround.

For me it had no effect -- it still fails for my customers and occasionally for myself. It seems worse for some people -- those inside the university are unable to access my galleries at all even with Chorme (so it is not an IE problem), they can only get to the shots by running the slide show or manually stepping through one image at a time. Something different in their environment seems to make it worse. For me it is mostly the black squares that sporadically appear, and occasionally the abbreviated gallery (that has only appeared on IE for me though, perhaps coincidence).
  • Options
    edited February 8, 2014
    Well, interesting no one seems to suffer from this...?

The Heros say "no information on ETA for fix, they are working on it".

And the workaround doesn't work.

So my sites are crippled for use by my main consumer. I wish I understood why it was failing more for them, but so far nary a word on the technical side of the issue.