Options

"Make featured image" from selected photo

stubblestubble Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
edited February 9, 2014 in SmugMug Feature Requests
It would be a much more straightforward way to set the featured image for the gallery if it were an option on the photo tools menu.

Comments

• Options
    pbandjpbandj Registered Users Posts: 237 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2014
    stubble wrote: »
    It would be a much more straightforward way to set the featured image for the gallery if it were an option on the photo tools menu.

Agreed; this would be great.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2014
    The problem with that is if want one from a different gallery. Using the gallery description you can
    browse to anywhere on your site and select one. But the tool, if it popped up a select box like the
    gallery description one you could select the current one or browse elsewhere.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    stubblestubble Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited February 9, 2014
    Allen wrote: »
    The problem with that is if want one from a different gallery. Using the gallery description you can
    browse to anywhere on your site and select one. But the tool, if it popped up a select box like the
    gallery description one you could select the current one or browse elsewhere.

Yes, I'd vote to keep the existing functionality for those cases. It my case at least I'm generally just arranging photos in an album and want to set the featured pic for that album.