Options

Unified ordering of galleries/pages/folders, and unified gallery/page/folder widget

stubblestubble Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
edited February 9, 2014 in SmugMug Feature Requests
This is a feature request for NewSmug to be able to order galleries, pages, and folders all together within a folder. Currently folders must be first, galleries next, then pages, and there is no ability to order a page or folder within the galleries.

E.g.: Gallery1, Gallery2, Page1, Gallery3, Folder1, Gallery4.

If we could do that then the second part is a unified "galleries" widget that listed each item in it's chosen order, unlike the current gallery/page/folder widget that groups them separately.

This request, combined particularly with NewSmug's ability to easily create custom pages, would offer a lot of freedom, for example creating a unified chronological list of events where some of the events are galleries, and some are externally embedded videos, custom text content, or a subfolder of galleries.

I would use the heck out of this. Today as a workaround for adding custom pages I'm using hacked gallery pages and custom CSS. I just put up a blog post on how I do it. It's pretty simple as hacks go but it's still a workaround and maintenance issue.

Thanks for listening!

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2014
    You can now place pages, galleries and folders together in one box in the order you want. Add a
    "pages, galleries, folders" box to your page and use "items | choose". The order you select
    is the order you get so make a list first. To change the order you have to re-select.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    stubblestubble Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited February 9, 2014
    Allen wrote: »
    You can now place pages, galleries and folders together in one box in the order you want. Add a
    "pages, galleries, folders" box to your page and use "items | choose". The order you select
    is the order you get so make a list first. To change the order you have to re-select.

Thanks Al. Great tip that would work well for some cases. It would be cumbersome to maintain on a larger scale especially as one adds events.