Options

Control block size, height and width

smusersmuser Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited February 13, 2014 in SmugMug Support
Hi,

I am a New user at smugmug and am trying to setup my site.

www.rajanimente.com

In the site above, can you please help me how I can set the first block(6 multi-photo) width to remain same as the second row(profile block).

When I see On my laptop, both the blocks look OK to me, but when I open it in Ipad or iPhone or any other desktop, with varying screen resolutions, the blocks either, stretch or shrink, or skip the photos to the next line. Would be great if I can control the block height and width and keep them stable across all screens.

Based on someones advice, I did add the following code and it did help me control the height.. how can I control the width.

.sm-page-widget-profile-coverphoto .sm-tile-content {
padding-bottom:18% !important;
}

Thank you all very much in advance.

Comments

• Options
    annnna8888annnna8888 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 936 SmugMug Employee
    edited February 12, 2014
    Hi smuser, it seems you set the width of your profile content block to 80%. Go to customize > customize site > homepage, click the triangle icon on the profile content block and change 80 to 100%.

Ana
    SmugMug Support Hero
    Ana
    SmugMug Support Hero Manager
    My website: anapogacar.smugmug.com
  • Options
    smusersmuser Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited February 12, 2014
    Multiple photos in 1 block, pushed to nest row
    Thank you very much Ana. I am surprised how I missed that.

Can you please help me how I can fix the first block(6 images). On some screens, all 6 photos stay all in 1 row, but on some desktops or smaller screens, the photos get pushed to the second row. How can I keep all six pics on the same row.

Thank you very much
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2014
    smuser wrote: »
    Can you please help me how I can fix the first block(6 images). On some screens, all 6 photos stay all in 1 row, but on some desktops or smaller screens, the photos get pushed to the second row. How can I keep all six pics on the same row.
    The photo tiles have a specific size that you choose via the "photo size" setting. There is no setting smaller than "small". If not all photos fit into the same row, an additional row will be used. That's not something you can prevent. It's in fact done by design as your site automatically adjusts to fit whatever browser / screen size it's being viewed on.

The only way to override the automatic adjustment would be to change the layout in the customize drawer > layout tab to "fixed" and then specify your desired page width. However, that would mean that visitors on smaller screens may have to scroll to the side to see the remaining photos that don't fit their screen / browser window.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero