Options

Selections and Pricing

antibioticantibiotic Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
edited February 13, 2014 in SmugMug Feature Requests
I have to agree with MANY of Smugmug account holders, why can't Bay's order/shipping and Product Selection (there is much more offered on Bay,) can't they be integrated into your ordering? They are doing all the processing. I completely understand you need a profit marging, hence the percent and a skewed pricing tructure, really so much more for pro vs portfolio?? It seems to me many are looking for alternatives to your web hosting and sales, being disabled, it is hard for me to get to a lab, and I do not want the hassle of switching web hosting/sales, I like SmugMug,, yet they, as if you order direct from Bay, will give you discounts on bulk orders of the same print, shipping, why do you not pass this onto subscribers? The local lab I go to has many of the same merchandise and I make a much better profit margin than ordering through the site I pay for. I would really love to see how you can "pass the savings on from prints and shipping, orders to the midwest and eastern states is crazy. I would love to see you have a lab that could do printing in the east, that is quality like Bay and offer the selections… When looking and seeing the many product "extras" they have, it makes it hard to order through my own site.
(also, why can't you have all pro accounts have the all type of labs to be printed from, from economy to fine art labs? let the consumer choose their pricing needs on products, one lab may be closer to where they live,, some may want inexpensive prints from one lab, or they can choose a few done by a better lab?)