Options

Remove the 'Powered by Smugmug' scroll bar

LPCLPC Registered Users Posts: 481 Major grins
Please can the mandatory 'Powered by Smugmug' line not add a scroll bar to every page on my site where there wasn't one before. Can it be be made to float over the top rather than be a new line of text.

Many thanks :thumb

Comments

• Options
    pilotdavepilotdave Registered Users Posts: 785 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2014
    LPC wrote: »
    Please can the mandatory 'Powered by Smugmug' line not add a scroll bar to every page on my site where there wasn't one before. Can it be be made to float over the top rather than be a new line of text.

Many thanks thumb.gif

Only smugmug would see this as a feature request instead of a bug fix. rolleyes1.gif

Dave
  • Options
    edited February 19, 2014
    22/02/14 - Problem solved!

We have had official confirmation that it is ok not to have the 'Powered by Smugmug' footer. It can be removed by either -

.sm-page-powered-by a {
    display: none;
    }

or

.sm-page-powered-by {
    overflow:hidden;
    height:0;
    }

thumb.gif
  • Options
    ElyEly Registered Users Posts: 71 Big grins
    edited February 28, 2014
    ^^ I am a bit confused on where I am supposed to enter that. On the Legacy SM there was a CSS section in the Advace Settings where I could add all CSS. Now I understand that to hide/add most things I can simply change some settings etc which is great. I saw in the Block Content section you can add CSS/HTML but I dont understand how that works. I mean I try to drop it on the "entire site" but nothing happens. Thanks
  • Options
    edited February 28, 2014
    Go to Customize Site - Entire Site - + Content - HTML & CSS, then + and drag a CSS content block across anywhere in the main window. Go to the wrench icon, add

.sm-page-powered-by a {
    display: none;
    }

click on Done, then Done on the green toolbar along the top then on Publish Now.

OR

Customize Site - Entire Site - Theme - Active Theme - click on the wrench next to that - go to Advanced - scroll down to CSS/Custom CSS at the bottom and do it that way.

That should do it.
  • Options
    ElyEly Registered Users Posts: 71 Big grins
    edited February 28, 2014
    Thanks it worked! For some reason the drag and drop the CSS content block thing doesnt work for me so I had to use the second option.Thanks again
  • Options
    edited February 28, 2014
    Ely wrote: »
    Thanks it worked! For some reason the drag and drop the CSS content block thing doesnt work for me so I had to use the second option.Thanks again

No problem, glad you got it working.
  • Options
    taylowataylowa Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
    edited March 24, 2014
    Thank you for this information. I use SM and enjoy most of it, but don't like advertising for them if I don't get the customer service I think I should get for the $$$ I'm paying. I take the dealer stickers off my cars when I buy them. I feel that I paid the cost you want, then don't make me advertise for you as well.
  • Options
    pcm228pcm228 Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited March 30, 2014
    Thank you, it worked :)
  • Options
    bgatesbgates Registered Users Posts: 100 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2014
    this removes log in
    When I try this (either method), it removes the "log in" link. Is there an alternative way to log in without that link at the bottom of the page?

Never mind, I just realized I can go to the smug home page to log in.
  • Options
    Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,458 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2014
    bgates wrote: »
    When I try this (either method), it removes the "log in" link. Is there an alternative way to log in without that link at the bottom of the page?

Never mind, I just realized I can go to the smug home page to log in.

You can also type in 'login' after your url... 'www.YourSite.com/login'.
  • Options
    dennismullendennismullen Registered Users Posts: 709 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2014
    You can also type in 'login' after your url... 'www.YourSite.com/login'.

I leave an icon on my task bar pointed to the login page.

Cheers,
    See my gallery at http://www.dennismullen.com