Joy and Hearbreak

leebaseleebase Registered Users Posts: 630 Major grins
edited December 21, 2005 in People
Here's a slideshow I made of Christmas with my wife's family: http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewshow.html?fl=2487540&alb=0

<p>We had a "white elephant" gift exchange. That's when you bring a gift of something you already own, wrap it, take turns opening a gift or stealing one already opened.

49066648-L.jpg

My youngest had some difficulty with the concept as you can see. Very excited to get that singing fish (which her cousin was only too eager to get rid of)...only to have it stolen by another cousin (who, after seeing her face, gave it back to her :)

Gallery: http://leebase.smugmug.com/gallery/1054259

All the photos shot with the Sigma 30mm f1.4, which has quickly become my favorite lens. There are some "misfocus" shots in the gallery -- but as "family snaps", I kept the ones that captured a good memory, if not perfectly focused.

The lens focuses fine -- the misfocus,. in this case, are user err. It's very easy at f1.4 to not have focus right on the money.

Lee

Comments

• BrianLowtherBrianLowther Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2005
    Looks like a good day.
    Lee,

You gallery brought a smile to my face.
    I agree about the lens. Mine spends a lot of time on my 20D. My wife can't understand why it is so heavy!
    If I want a picture of me I have to put my EF 50mm 1.8 on.

Brian
    "I forget who it was that recommended men for their soul's good to do each day two things they dislike: it was a wise man, and it is a precept that I have followed scrupulously; for every day I have got up and I have gone to bed"
    - W. Somerset Maugham
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited December 21, 2005
    Pretty priceless stuff you've got. The expression in the third is wonderful.

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • ShannonWShannonW Registered Users Posts: 248 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2005
    I agree with the others. thumb.gif