What a surprise, i got another diptera

silvio000silvio000 Registered Users Posts: 170 Major grins
edited February 21, 2014 in Holy Macro
We are drowning here in Portugal, and flys it's all i got around here...Sorry :dunno

Untitled_Panorama1-Edit-XL.jpg

This was a 3 shot stacked in Photoshop, edited in Lightroom and Nik Sharpener.

Thanks,

Sílvio Oliveira

Sílvio Oliveirawww.silviooliveira.net

Comments

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2014
    This is my favorite fly shot so far that you have posted!!thumb.gif

Incredible detail! No glare, no reflection! How do you get a fly to stay put for 3 shots? Are you reducing color saturation to give this unique look, or is this how it look? Thanks!!
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2014
  • silvio000silvio000 Registered Users Posts: 170 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2014
    Thanks Stumblebum and Brian.

Actualy i took about 40 shots of this Fly and then i choose the best 3. Of course there were some out of focus and others where the fly moved its position. Everything is just so wet and cold that the surviving flys tend to remain still when encounter some sort of warm spot. I had the time to pick up the tripod, set up the camera, adjust the flash, choose the best position for flash, take some test shots and then fire up, the fly was still there, sleeping. :-)

As for editing, i did this shots in raw, and then pulled some shadows on LR, as for saturation it has about +24 and i believe it was the +21 clarity that gave it an extra odd look.

I also tried to stack in Zerene, but i am still trying to figure out why the results from Zerene are so bad compared to stacking in Photoshop.

regards,

Sílvio

Sílvio Oliveirawww.silviooliveira.net