Options

I tried something different...

Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
edited February 28, 2014 in Other Cool Shots
I went to my favorite sub/pizza shop to grab a bite to eat yesterday and told the waitress I wanted to try something different. This is similar to one of their popular burger sandwiches called a Southwest Burger. Only difference is on the sandwich there is onion rings on it, and here I had chopped onions instead. I think I might try it with onion rings next time to see if it's any better. If you're interested in the ingredients, they are: Barbeque sauce, hamburger, tomatoes, onions, and jalapenos. There is NO pizza sauce used!

_DSC0161-L.jpg

GaryB
GaryB
“The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams

Comments

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2014
    Gracious, Gary, that pizza is singing my song. The jalapenos alone are enough to get me to dive in. The lack of the pizza sauce is equally appealing. I gotta give that thing a try.

Take care,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2014
    Everyone tells me I must be crazy, cause I put hot peppers on just about everything. Jokingly, I tell them I'm going to have some ice cream for desert, and they ask me why. I tell them when it is time for the hot peppers to come out, I can sit there and say "Come on Ice Cream!" That usually gets a good laugh.

Another great pizza I like to get is a Buffalo Cheese Steak. That one has no pizza sauce as well. It has steak, onion, buffalo sauce, ranch dressing or blue cheese, mozzarella, and nacho cheese. You can also substitute the steak with chicken and you'd have a Hot Wing Pizza.

GaryB
    GaryB
    “The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams
  • Options
    M38A1M38A1 Registered Users Posts: 1,317 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2014
    Take a Boboli pizza crust and put it on a cooking stone. Add a layer of your favorite bbq sauce in place of tomato sauce. Then, take one of those pre-cooked whole chickens you get at the grocery store and pull it into bite size pcs spreading them on top of the bbq sauce. Toss on some three-cheese mexican blend shredded cheese, thinly sliced red onions and some jalapeños. Toss it in the oven and bake per the crust directions. Instant bbq chicken pizza. deal.gif