Options

Why is "proof" covering my uploaded photos?

ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
edited February 25, 2014 in SmugMug Support
Uploaded 5 photos to a new gallery just now.
http://www.joinrats.com/Enrichment/Fountains/i-9XRzwXw

Why is this happening?
I did check and watermark was turned on in error. I turned it off, but the photos have not cleared.
Humongous "proof" was never the default watermark anyway.

It doesn't matter what gallery style I choose.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    zacHer0zacHer0 Registered Users Posts: 655 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2014
    To remove watermarks you need to use the organizer. In the gallery click Organize, then in the organizer click wrench icon > watermarks. On the next page click Select All, Remove, then Watermark.

The gallery settings tool applies to future uploads to that gallery. The organizer tool is used to remove/add watermarks from existing photos in the gallery.
    Zac Williams
    Support Hero
  • Options
    edited February 25, 2014
    zacHer0 wrote: »
    To remove watermarks you need to use the organizer. In the gallery click Organize, then in the organizer click wrench icon > watermarks. On the next page click Select All, Remove, then Watermark.

The gallery settings tool applies to future uploads to that gallery. The organizer tool is used to remove/add watermarks from existing photos in the gallery.

Thanks, Zac! I forgot about that watermark system.
    I take it that "proof" is the Smugmug watermark? I didn't see any other possibility. So I did remove it,
    EDIT: but it still shows on the photos,
    but I gather it can take time to complete. If I should have chosen a different watermark name to remove, please let me know.
  • Options
    DanCarl97DanCarl97 Registered Users Posts: 139 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2014
    ChancyRat wrote: »
    Thanks, Zac! I forgot about that watermark system.
    I take it that "proof" is the Smugmug watermark? I didn't see any other possibility. So I did remove it,
    EDIT: but it still shows on the photos,
    but I gather it can take time to complete. If I should have chosen a different watermark name to remove, please let me know.

Yeah, 'Proof' is the default. Similarly, if you set a watermark but it's deleted for whatever reason, it will reset to default.

It shouldn't take long at all to delete a watermark. It's usually a lot quicker than adding them.
  • Options
    edited February 25, 2014
    DanCarl97 wrote: »
    Yeah, 'Proof' is the default. Similarly, if you set a watermark but it's deleted for whatever reason, it will reset to default.

It shouldn't take long at all to delete a watermark. It's usually a lot quicker than adding them.

Thanks, it appears they just cleared up.
    A related problem that has not cleared up, is that the smart gallery I have set to "videos of rats", has not added the one photo I keyworded with this.
    How long should it be taking to update a smart gallery?
    Over here grumbling whether I should post a new thread on this subject...
  • Options
    edited February 25, 2014
    ChancyRat wrote: »
    A related problem that has not cleared up, is that the smart gallery I have set to "videos of rats", has not added the one photo I keyworded with this.
    How long should it be taking to update a smart gallery?
    Over here grumbling whether I should post a new thread on this subject...

Ahh, sigh of relief, the smart gallery has updated properly. clap.gif