Options

Image saturation/color is changing when uploaded to homepage

dclphotodclphoto Registered Users Posts: 97 Big grins
edited March 10, 2014 in SmugMug Support
I have a slideshow on my homepage with some of the same images from my weddings tab. The home page images have a weird saturation though.

I downloaded the homepage images and they look different than the originals I have saved on my computer. I uploaded the originals to the homepage again and they become weirdly saturated again.

You can see a difference when you compare it to the same images in the weddings tab.
Anyone know why this is happening??? :dunno

Comments

• Options
    4seasons4seasons Registered Users Posts: 10 Beginner grinner
    edited March 8, 2014
    I'm having same problem. This is the first time using the new uploader, and they look horrible. Is there something I'm missing? Anyone have answers?
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2014
    Are you comparing the photos viewed with the same program? For a proper comparison, open the original from your computer in your browser and then view the homepage slideshow in another browser window. If you still see a difference, is your original photo perhaps not saved in sRGB color profile? SmugMug only supports sRGB profile and all photos using a different color space, are automatically converted upon upload. For details, take a look here.

If your original photo is in sRGB and you're still seeing a difference, align the two browser windows side by side and then take a screenshot of your whole screen showing the issue. Here's how you can do that. Upload the screenshot to your SmugMug site and include a link to it so we could take a closer look.
    Also include details on what browser version and operating system you use. Do you have any add-ons / extensions installed in your browser? What's the link to your site?
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero