Options

Watermark issue

divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
edited March 6, 2014 in SmugMug Support
Watermarks are ON for the gallery, and custom mark selected in "settings".

Left gallery for 20 minutes, and still no change.

Tried to apply them manually, but when I'm in "organize" view and go to the menu, "watermarks" is greyed out so I can't select it.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2014
    In gallery settings the custom mark selected is only applied for new uploads.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    Seth SSeth S Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
    edited February 27, 2014
    If you're not seeing the Watermarks option when you click on the "wrench" icon in the Site Organizer please try clearing your browser's cache and cookies. Then shut the browser down completely. Bring it back up, login, and try applying the watermark through the Site Organizer again. As Allen said updating the Gallery Settings will only impact new photos added to the gallery. If you continue to experience any problems with the watermark please shoot an email to the help desk (help@smugmug.com) directly with a link to the gallery in question and we'll be happy to take a look and help resolve the issue.

Seth,
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited February 27, 2014
    Thanks both of you!! I'llt ry clearing cache etc and see if that does the trick. If not, I"ll be back.... :D
  • Options
    edited February 27, 2014
    Phooey - didn't work. I actually tried it in a different browser to ensure there was no cache/cookie conflict, and it still shows a greyed-out watermark menu item. :(
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2014
    Are you sure that the gallery contains JPG photos that are 801 or wider on the longest side? It's not possible to watermark videos or smaller photos. If you still have an issue, post a link to the gallery in question so we could take a closer look.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2014
    No, the images were full size, so that wasn't it.

I still haven't figured it out, although I DID finally find where to delete watermarks I don't use any more, and note that several of them had broken image links. No idea why, as the images were still there, but there we have it. Am assuming that was something to do with it; haven't had a chance to go back in and tinker, but I will at some point. Thanks for the replies! thumb.gif
  • Options
    zacHer0zacHer0 Registered Users Posts: 655 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2014
    Does the gallery have "Hide Owner = On" by any chance?
    Zac Williams
    Support Hero
  • Options
    edited March 6, 2014
    Sorry it's taken so long to get back to this. YES it did have "hide owner = on"!! Although I have no idea why, since I didn't set it; I believe that's the default???
  • Options
    zacHer0zacHer0 Registered Users Posts: 655 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2014
    The default option for hide owner is OFF. Anyway, there is currently a bug with the hide owner setting. Try turning it off then you should be able to use the organizer tool to remove/add the watermarks. After you are done you can turn hide owner back if that's what you need.
    Zac Williams
    Support Hero
  • Options
    edited March 6, 2014
    Got it - thanks!! thumb.gif