Options

Text in Folders

revdocjimrevdocjim Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
edited March 1, 2014 in SmugMug Support
Is it possible to display descriptive text somewhere in a folder like you do in galleries?
I'm transitioning from pBase and really don't like Smugmug's requirement to distinguish between folders and galleries and all the limitations that come with it. In pBase there are no folders and galleries can have any number of sub-galleries, to any depth.

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2014
    revdocjim wrote: »
    Is it possible to display descriptive text somewhere in a folder like you do in galleries?
    I'm transitioning from pBase and really don't like Smugmug's requirement to distinguish between folders and galleries and all the limitations that come with it. In pBase there are no folders and galleries can have any number of sub-galleries, to any depth.
    On most of my folder pages I've added an html box above the folder. This could be a text box also.

Make the folder independent and highlight "Just this folder" before adding so it doesn't appear on all folder pages.

example:
    http://www.photosbyat.com/Birds/Birding-2014-January
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited March 1, 2014
    Thanks Allen. That's exactly what I want to do. But I have a sneaking suspicion that sort of customization requires a more expensive account than the $40/year basic account I have. If so I will probably spend the extra $20 and upgrade but do you know if indeed that is the case?
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2014
    revdocjim wrote: »
    Thanks Allen. That's exactly what I want to do. But I have a sneaking suspicion that sort of customization requires a more expensive account than the $40/year basic account I have. If so I will probably spend the extra $20 and upgrade but do you know if indeed that is the case?
    You would need at least a Power account for this customization.

BTW, my grand kids live in Yokosuka with their mother while my son is setting it up over here for all of them.
    Been there twice, nice area.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited March 1, 2014
    OK, thanks. I just upgraded to Power and started customizing.
    I love the view of the harbor as you drive into Yokosuka from the expressway. Used to go there often when my kids sports teams played against the base high schools.