Options

Mr. Legacy Here

vdotmatrixvdotmatrix Registered Users Posts: 343 Major grins
edited March 1, 2014 in SmugMug Customization
Man I'd still be using Windows 98 if you let me....

I haven't made the leap to the NEW and IMPROVED yet still waiting for the word that it is okay to come in the water.

My adwords campaign is humming along and I am not at all wanting to futz around dealing with another website....

Is there a way to somehow see what my legacy website would look like in the new and improved SM and how much work I will have to put in to reach a base line and be able to walk away from?

I just cant aford to be down and loose functionality

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,277 moderator
    edited March 1, 2014
    vdotmatrix wrote: »
    Is there a way to somehow see what my legacy website would look like in the new and improved SM and how much work I will have to put in to reach a base line and be able to walk away from?
    You can migrate (and not unveil) and start experimenting but your current customizations will not be on your migrated site.
    Your migrated site will be visible only to you until you unveil. During that time your customers will see your legacy site.

Every site is different. Some people have taken days (or weeks) to match their new smug site to their legacy site, some have taken hours. I migrated, and spent a bit of time experimenting to see what I wanted to use, what I wanted to do. My actual "work" to build my new site was a couple of hours. I went from a highly customized legacy site (because I wanted larger thumbs than available on legacy smug) to a site without much customization outside of placing the content elements on the page. Only you can know what it is you want to achieve that requires code as opposed to is possible using the functionality of new smug. I think you'll find that a lot can be accomplished without code. And there are some nicely published pages including code that you might want to use. These pages may be helpful, depending on your needs:
    You should be aware that javascript is not supported in new smug.

Your Google adwords are supported via adsense content block on new smug. See help page at http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/1297078-google-adsense-setup.

I recommend replacing your html-only galleries in legacy with pages in in smugmug.

--- Denise