Options

bulk replacing of pictures

rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
Having moved on to a PRO account I wanted to open my galleries for printing sales. Having always just uploaded a resized picture to save time and space I'm now in the need to replace them with the originals.
Does anybody have a tool to replace a whole gallery? I know there's no API for this function yet, but maybe somebody used browser calls to do it.

I don't want to reupload as all links and comments would be lost.

Any comments on this?

Thanks,
Sebastian
Sebastian
SmugMug Support Hero

Comments

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2005
    You're up the creek, my friend...:-(
    Having moved on to a PRO account I wanted to open my galleries for printing sales. Having always just uploaded a resized picture to save time and space I'm now in the need to replace them with the originals.
    Does anybody have a tool to replace a whole gallery? I know there's no API for this function yet, but maybe somebody used browser calls to do it.

I don't want to reupload as all links and comments would be lost.

Any comments on this?

Thanks,
    Sebastian

It is possible to make it via browser, but..
    I have a vague idea how to automate the matching procedure. Download all images info (via S*E:-), run the database search versus the content of the hard drive, find the matching file names, then activate this "browser reaupload" for each match..
    Can you imagine how much time would it take to write a script/program that does just that?

Given what I know about this whole thing, it would be much easier for you to create the new gallery(-ies), upload hi-res images there and then simply put links to the new versions into the captions of the old ones.

Not sure if it helped ne_nau.gif

Cheers!1drink.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2005
    Yeah I knew it would be a hell of work and already knew the answear to it, but it couldn't hurt to ask if somebody already put such a thing together and forgot to share it. :D
    I'll just replace one by one and hopefully the hi-res upload on demand feature will come around at some time to pick me up.
    It doesn't take that long if I work with a hell lot of tabs. I just hope that the replace-feature will have a look at the metadata, too, in the near future as currently I've to copy-paste this manually in. That's actually the most time boresome work.mwink.gif

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero