edited March 3, 2014
    torags wrote: »
    Good grab

Well treated
    Thanks rags - appreciate the feedback.
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2014
    Sometimes a photo is more than just interesting....as this one is. It's a very poignant comment on where photography is heading. A paradigm shift, indeed. And it's really only starting to gain real traction....huge changes coming down the pike.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2014
    Sometimes a photo is more than just interesting....as this one is. It's a very poignant comment on where photography is heading. A paradigm shift, indeed. And it's really only starting to gain real traction....huge changes coming down the pike.

Tom
    Well said Tom...
    As discussed in another thread, electronic image capturing is at a fever pitch - worldwide.
    I am, as many of us are, of an age to remember dropping-off my exposed roll film at the
    FotoMat drive-thru kiosk, coming back days later to pick-up prints, excitedly tearing open
    the envelope, and then cussing all the way home. mwink.gif
    Take care buddy
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,885 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2014
    Earache wrote: »
    Well said Tom...
    As discussed in another thread, electronic image capturing is at a fever pitch - worldwide.
    I am, as many of us are, of an age to remember dropping-off my exposed roll film at the
    FotoMat drive-thru kiosk, coming back days later to pick-up prints, excitedly tearing open
    the envelope, and then cussing all the way home. mwink.gif
    Take care buddy

I do remember both, the excitement and the cussing too! your picture is able to make your point and also, from a technical point of view, has a great control of light at all levels: the woman's face, the tab screen, the aquarium. Well captured.
    edited March 4, 2014
    Juano wrote: »
    I do remember both, the excitement and the cussing too! your picture is able to make your point and also, from a technical point of view, has a great control of light at all levels: the woman's face, the tab screen, the aquarium. Well captured.
    Thanks Cristóbal... I think the excellent high ISO (6400 here) capability of the 5DIII is a great tool in these (available) low-light situations.

I've got thousands of prints and slides that I haven't looked at in years, stuffed in a closet, and I keep telling myself I need to digitize them, or at least look at them - it ain't happening tho... I think I'm afraid of the past... rolleyes1.gif

Hope you're thawing-out by now - it's time to ride! thumb.gif
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,885 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2014
    ISO 6400? It looks incredibly clean, nice.

Riding... not quite the time yet. Hopefully soon though.
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2014
    Earache wrote: »
    Thanks Cristóbal... I think the excellent high ISO (6400 here) capability of the 5DIII is a great tool in these (available) low-light situations.

I've got thousands of prints and slides that I haven't looked at in years, stuffed in a closet, and I keep telling myself I need to digitize them, or at least look at them - it ain't happening tho... I think I'm afraid of the past... rolleyes1.gif

Hope you're thawing-out by now - it's time to ride! thumb.gif

Not Fair we always ride in SOCal ! :D

I keep coming back to this image, it's cool I like it.
    Still like a camera to look like a well..........Camera.
    edited March 8, 2014
    bfjr wrote: »
    Not Fair we always ride in SOCal ! :D

I keep coming back to this image, it's cool I like it.
    Still like a camera to look like a well..........Camera.

I know... we are lucky, huh? Specially this winter - warm and dry. It was 85deg. around here today... :ivar

Thanks for the feedback Ben... appreciated.
    I know that people have been using iPads/tablets, and smartphones for awhile now,
    but seeing the tablets in use as cameras still seems odd to me... I'm with you!
    I think the first time I saw one was at an airshow, and I think I laughed out-loud... headscratch.gif
    Eric ~ Smugmug