Options

Watermark feature not working

MRudlandMRudland Registered Users Posts: 284 Major grins
edited March 18, 2014 in SmugMug Support
I'm uploading a new gallery and am trying to water mark it both from the beginning of the upload in the customize gallery settings area as well as the organize tool kit area and neither are working.

http://www.auphoto.net/Rudland-Equine-Photography/Sports-2014/Wizards-BB-Game-March-1ST-Curr/n-kHZbV/i-5GFpGQD

Thanks for your help.
Michelle

Comments

• Options
    rnrjoshrnrjosh Registered Users Posts: 266 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2014
    Your Sports watermark is set to have the smallest size watermarked as the Large display copy. But, in the gallery you linked to, you have restricted the largest display size to Medium. So, since noting smaller than Large is watermarked, and you aren't allowing a size larger than Medium in the gallery, you are not seeing the watermark appear. You'd need to either 1) set the gallery to allow a larger display size, or 2) edit the watermark to allow it to apply to smaller display sizes, and re-apply the watermark after doing that.
    Josh
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited March 1, 2014
    Okay, i switched it to large. I hope it works.
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2014
    Still not working.
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,244 moderator
    edited March 2, 2014
    MRudland wrote: »
    Still not working.
    What isn't working?

With watermark set to Large, that's the smallest size that will be watermarked. If I go to the gallery you have linked above Large images are watermarked and Medium images are not. The image on the right in the SmugMug-style gallery is not watermarked because it is smaller than Large.

If you want the image watermarked always, set the watermark size to Small.
    If you want to change the watermark on already-loaded galleries you will need to use the watermark tool in Organizer to regenerate the watermarks.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2014
    I did go through the organizer to do it. I don't think I'm understanding what you mean by set the watermark size to small.

What isn't working?

With watermark set to Large, that's the smallest size that will be watermarked. If I go to the gallery you have linked above Large images are watermarked and Medium images are not. The image on the right in the SmugMug-style gallery is not watermarked because it is smaller than Large.

If you want the image watermarked always, set the watermark size to Small.
    If you want to change the watermark on already-loaded galleries you will need to use the watermark tool in Organizer to regenerate the watermarks.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2014
    I think I finally figured it out. Thank you. Weird though, I have not had this issue before.
  • Options
    JszeeJszee Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited March 18, 2014
    I have my watermark set to small and my image gallery set to medium. Gallery I am testing this: http://www.jennafineart.com/Travel/Kenai-Peninsula/i-XtjsxM9 Once I read through this thread, I went back and repeated the steps to be sure it is regenerated. It is still not showing. So I tested it by changing the images to Large and its shows. Why won't the watermark show on medium images if the watermark is set to small?
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2014
    Jszee wrote: »
    I have my watermark set to small and my image gallery set to medium. Gallery I am testing this: http://www.jennafineart.com/Travel/Kenai-Peninsula/i-XtjsxM9 Once I read through this thread, I went back and repeated the steps to be sure it is regenerated. It is still not showing. So I tested it by changing the images to Large and its shows. Why won't the watermark show on medium images if the watermark is set to small?
    Watermarks are only applied to photos with a longest side of >800px
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    JszeeJszee Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited March 18, 2014
    Thanks Alan
    All photos are full size with minimum of 3700 pixels on the smallest side. The watermark works fine if I designate the gallery images set on large but not on medium...I am sure the watermark is set to "small".
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2014
    Jszee wrote: »
    Thanks Alan
    All photos are full size with minimum of 3700 pixels on the smallest side. The watermark works fine if I designate the gallery images set on large but not on medium...I am sure the watermark is set to "small".

Write the help desk help at smugmug dot com