Options

watermark

bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
edited March 15, 2014 in Bug Reporting
I had some images that needed to be rotated. Once rotated all the image sizes were properly watermark except the thumbnail version that show in "smugmug" gallery view. Not sure what or why. I can't wait on you to test to fix. I am re-uploading to solve for me, but it happened to exactly 20 images in 2 separate galleries.
"A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me

Comments

• Options
    edited March 3, 2014
    And I just uploaded some images to the gallery and the thumbnail isn't watermarking on those new additions as well.

Also its doing it in new galleries as well. 20 new galleries this happened with.

Still in legacy.
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me
  • Options
    edited March 3, 2014
    Well now can confirm its not watermarking thumbnails on 2 different smugmug websites, with 2 different watermarks.
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2014
    Can you post a link to one of the photos in question so we could take a closer look?
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited March 3, 2014
    gallery with images that I rotated and didn't watermark correctly

You will see it at image #52 of the gallery, and others.

new gallery that didn't properly watermark on upload

all images
  • Options
    bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited March 3, 2014
    bham wrote: »
    gallery with images that I rotated and didn't watermark correctly

http://www.snapsterfoto.com/College/Alpha-Chi-Omega-BSC/Lovers-and-Lyres-no-border-2/37265456_VT6vp2#!i=3093171154&k=V8Zqqmm

You will see it at image #52 of the gallery, and others.

new gallery that didn't properly watermark on upload

http://www.snapsterfoto.com/College/Pi-Beta-Phi-BSC/Spring-Party-with-border-4/37411304_q2cv7Q#!i=3102985390&k=rVRmHKh

all images

The thumbnails in that gallery are using the 'Tiny' size. We no longer watermark 'Tiny' size images.

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=245552
    Pedal faster
  • Options
    edited March 3, 2014
    When did that happen? Looks like last week.

Can you explain why that was done?

Why was that not announced?
  • Options
    cjyphotocjyphoto Registered Users Posts: 195 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2014
    Watermarks have been buggy forever. What is going on here? http://www.cjyphoto.com/Places/Port-Townsend/ Thumbnails show a 2013 WM. Clicking on them brings up proper 2014 WM. Am I mistaken or wasn't there a time when thumbnails weren't watermarked or there was an option not to watermark thumbnails.
    My Pictures : My Gear
    I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My Own - Adam Savage