Options

How do I remove a previously saved watermark file from the drop-down list?

David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,191 moderator
edited March 6, 2014 in SmugMug Support
I know how to make, add and remove watermarks from my images. Been doing that for years. But there are watermark files in the list I am no longer using, and they're getting to be a PITA.

What I can't figure out is how to remove unused watermark files, previously made, from that drop-down list held at Smugmug. See screengrab…

i-FgSLJr3.jpg

Also, I'm not talking about the picture file in an unlisted gallery the watermark was made from. I've also tried to overwrite some of these with the same watermark file name in the make a watermark tool, and it won't let me do that either. I'm sure it must be simple, but I'm stumped.

Thanks!
My Smugmug
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky

Comments

• Options
    LindyLindy Registered Users Posts: 202 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2014
    Hey David,

In your Account Settings > Business > Branding, you will see your watermarks listed. You can edit or delete any of your watermarks there.

I hope that helps! If you have trouble, once your there, please feel free to shoot us an email: http://help.smugmug.com/

Lindy
    Support Hero
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited March 4, 2014
    Dave,

Account Settings > Business > Watermarks > Manage

SmugMug---Account-Settings.png
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,191 moderator
    edited March 4, 2014
    Terrific! clap.gif (I'm liking the tandem responses from two hero's at the same minute. Thanks Lindy and David)

I've made several, in some cases, from one uploaded file and would hate to have to delete the base file, re-upload and create some of the remaining ones again. Thanks!

FOLLOW UP: Worked great. Wish there was a bulk method, though.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2014
    The problem I get when I try to find out the watermark files names I want to delete (in Organizer) is that the full file name is not shown.
    All of my watermark file names have the same start/middle ... only the ends are different - but I can't see that part of the filenames.
    Any way around this?
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,245 moderator
    edited March 5, 2014
    AceCo55 wrote: »
    The problem I get when I try to find out the watermark files names I want to delete (in Organizer) is that the full file name is not shown.
    All of my watermark file names have the same start/middle ... only the ends are different - but I can't see that part of the filenames.
    Any way around this?
    Can you not see enough of the image in the Manage screen for watermarks to determine which ones you want to delete? If that isn't good enough what about going into the watermark manage screen and changing the name of the watermark?

--- Denise
  • Options
    AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2014
    Can you not see enough of the image in the Manage screen for watermarks to determine which ones you want to delete? If that isn't good enough what about going into the watermark manage screen and changing the name of the watermark?

--- Denise
    Thanks Denise - that's a very good suggestion. One that I wouldn't have considered with my blinkered view of the situation. I will now be able to fix it up.
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com