Options

Eye-Fi upload location

ckruegerckrueger Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
edited March 6, 2014 in SmugMug Support
Is there a way to specify the upload location for Eye-Fi photos? I just bought an Eye-Fi Pro card and specified "%B %Y" for the album name, which should make a folder called "March 2014" and put my photos into it. It DOES do that, but it first makes a folder called "Other" and puts the "March 2014" folder under THAT.

This isn't so useful for me. My preference is to have a folder for every month, like this:

My stuff/March 2014
My stuff/April 2014
My stuff/May 2014

...and so on. Is there a way to do this? Surely everyone who has an Eye-Fi isn't uploading to their photos to a folder named "Other"?

Comments

• Options
    LindyLindy Registered Users Posts: 202 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2014
    Hey ckrueger,

I'm afraid that they are! Eye-fi creates those galleries on the fly, as you well know. There is not a way that I know of to designate a different destination for them. That's all done through eye-fi.

If you're shooting all day, you can move the destination gallery where you want it, and the uploads for that day will go there for you.

I hope that helps!
    Lindy
    Support Hero
  • Options
    edited March 6, 2014
    OK, I was afraid of that. Thanks for the blindingly-quick response! I'm using another service right now and am planning to move to SmugMug if I can get the Eye-Fi working decent.

I should maybe start another thread for this, but given that "Other" is the only folder Eye-Fi dumps into, is it possible to make that the "root" of my SmugMug site? So when someone goes to my site, they see the contents of the "Other" folder? I could build my site under the Other folder, and nobody would be the wiser.

I'm a total neophyte with SmugMug customization. The last time I tried was when I tried the site back in 2007, i think it was? It's totally different now, and it looks great!
  • Options
    edited March 6, 2014
    Well, that was easy! I figured out how to essentially make the Other folder my root folder for my site, by creating a gallery object and pointing it to the Other folder, which I renamed to "photos" to be sneaky.

Everything's working great!