Options

technical confusion, help please :)

livinginozlivinginoz Registered Users Posts: 497 Major grins
edited December 28, 2005 in Dgrin Forum Support
i don't get it. sometimes the photos i upload are clear and sharp, and other versions of them look all noisy on my screen. the most recent examples are in my thread about the country church. i have a photo in there of an old farm, which is very clear. i added a frame, same photo, same size, and now it looks noisy. same with the church photos. they look great at home.....any suggestions please??? is it just me?

p.s. i am not trying to draw attention back to that thread except for helping to figure out how i can get a better image. :dunno
laurie in rural minnesota

my stuff

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2005
    livinginoz wrote:
    i don't get it. sometimes the photos i upload are clear and sharp, and other versions of them look all noisy on my screen. the most recent examples are in my thread about the country church. i have a photo in there of an old farm, which is very clear. i added a frame, same photo, same size, and now it looks noisy. same with the church photos. they look great at home.....any suggestions please??? is it just me?

p.s. i am not trying to draw attention back to that thread except for helping to figure out how i can get a better image. ne_nau.gif

Hi, we can help. Let's first hear from you, what your workflow is, from camera to computer, what you do there (photoshop, psp, and such) any resizing you do, and how the files are saved. Then, you are uploading to SmugMug.

Give us specific image links in this thread of the files in question please deal.gif

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 21, 2005
    ok, i am thinking maybe it's more a problem of my monitor at work. here are the two images that looked so different when i posted. can you tell me if they pretty much look equally crisp?

48961213-L.jpg

49086598-L.jpg

when i posted at work the top one looked fine, the bottom seemed to have a lot of noise. i wonder if it's the monitor. at home here i have a new imac g5 with a 20" monitor and it's beautiful. at work i have a samsung flat panel 19" which i don't think is quite the resolution of this one, but still the work i do on it looks fine. i'm confuzzled.......
    headscratch.gif

my stuff
  • Options
    edited December 22, 2005
    smacking forhead
    i think i got it, and i can track it down to one thing.....AOL!

i kept looking at the images both on here and smugmug, and it finally dawned on me that i was on AOL at the time. when i use safari, the problem goes away.........duh duh duh...rolleyes1.gif

my stuff
  • Options
    cabbeycabbey Registered Users Posts: 1,053 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2005
    livinginoz wrote:
    i think i got it, and i can track it down to one thing.....AOL!

i kept looking at the images both on here and smugmug, and it finally dawned on me that i was on AOL at the time. when i use safari, the problem goes away.........duh duh duh...rolleyes1.gif

AOL is notorious for that.
    SmugMug Sorcerer - Engineering Team Champion for Commerce, Finance, Security, and Data Support
    http://wall-art.smugmug.com/