Options

Built in Slide show Images Zoomed in 5000%

vdotmatrixvdotmatrix Registered Users Posts: 343 Major grins
edited March 15, 2014 in SmugMug Support
I finally migrated my site and I am struglling with the tweaking of every aspect.

The first task is getting the built in slide show to display images on the home page not zoomed in 200% by default.

HOW CAN I GET THE SLIDE SHOW TO dislay normal images?

THANK YOU

Comments

• Options
    thenickdudethenickdude Registered Users Posts: 1,302 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2014
    Make sure that you haven't zoomed in with your browser (press CTRL + zero on your keyboard, or Command + 0 on Mac).

Double check that you are using a supported web browser. Ancient, bronze-age era versions of Internet Explorer often don't scale images correctly, especially if you have right-click protection turned on. Internet Explorer 9 is the oldest version that SmugMug supports.

EDIT: Oh, are you talking about the "background image" slideshow? That scales your images up until they completely fill the window (that's what having a background is all about), so if you for example have a tall portrait image, it will have to crop off the top and bottom in order to scale the image up large enough to touch the left & right sides of the page. Use a slideshow content block instead if you don't want this behaviour.
  • Options
    edited March 15, 2014
    Lamah wrote: »
    Make sure that you haven't zoomed in with your browser (press CTRL + zero on your keyboard, or Command + 0 on Mac).

EDIT: Oh, are you talking about the "background image" slideshow? That scales your images up until they completely fill the window (that's what having a background is all about), so if you for example have a tall portrait image, it will have to crop off the top and bottom in order to scale the image up large enough to touch the left & right sides of the page. Use a slideshow content block instead if you don't want this behaviour.

BINGO!

Thanks....how would someone know to have to do this?

Where can I find a spare slideshow content blocker? Laughing.gif

thanks again
  • Options
    thenickdudethenickdude Registered Users Posts: 1,302 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2014
    Which part was the bingo, was it pressing CTRL+0? If so, you don't need to worry about your customers needing to do that, everyone's browser will use the standard 100% zoom by default, you only end up zoomed in if you do something like accidentally press CTRL + plus, or accidentally press CTRL + scrollwheel.

If it was the second part (you were using a "background image" slideshow), then on your homepage, click Customize -> Customize Site. On the Background tab, change the Type to None to remove the default slideshow. Now return to the Content tab, expanding the "+ Photo" section of the "Add Content Blocks" area. Then drag and drop the "Slideshow" content block onto your page and fiddle with its settings until it looks the way you want.
  • Options
    edited March 15, 2014
    yes thabk you so much.....it worked.. on to the next .....