Options

Android app on blackberry

ande8150ande8150 Registered Users Posts: 74 Big grins
edited March 30, 2014 in SmugMug Support
Is anyone using the smugmug android app on a blackberry? Every time I install it, it works properly on the first run and I can login to my site and browse my photos. However after I close the app and reopen it, it goes into the smugmug Upload app and I can no longer get into the main smugmug app without re-installing it, and again it only works on the first run.

I know it may not be officially supported, but would be great to get it working.

Image attached of what I see on the second run of the app.

ugumujan.jpg

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

Comments

• Options
    edited March 21, 2014
    Even if you can't help with my issue, can anyone confirm if they have the smugmug app working on BlackBerry 10?

• Options
    CarSalesmanCarSalesman Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited March 23, 2014
    I can give it a try. Where is the download available, other than google play?
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2014

Only on Google Play.
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2014
    You should also be able to get the app on the Amazon Kindle app store.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    CarSalesmanCarSalesman Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited March 24, 2014
    Sebastian - if you could ask Smugmug Management to post the APK file at www.1mobile.com, we can get it there easily. Google Play will not work at all on BB10 because Google Play requires an actual Google operating system. Some Android files can be installed from the Amazon Android app store, but I am not able to download Smugmug from there. I see it is available on on Amazon, and I added it to "my apps", but I could not get the download to happen.

Posting on www.1mobile.com would fix that, or just post it on your own Smugmug web site with a download link. No reason to not make it easy. You can't use it without a Smugmug subscription anyway.
  • Options
    edited March 24, 2014
    I would be ok to post the apk here if someone at smugmug approves it. I don't want to do so if they wouldn't allow it.

Otherwise it is available from Snap, Amazon, and 1 mobile if anyone can try for themselves.

• Options
    edited March 24, 2014
    Or, here is a direct link to the apk from the APK Downloader site. They cache copies from Google Play. You should be able to download right from your device by clicking this link.

http://storage2.evozi.com/apk/dl/14/02/22/com.snapwood.smugfolio.apk?h=JY9-Q_j0kEa-obVloW9lxQ&t=1395719218

I would also be curious to know - when this is installed on an Android device, is there a separate app also installed called "SmugMug Upload". When I install on my Blackberry the only app icon that is created is "SmugMug Upload", but I would expect one called "SmugMug" based on the name in Google Play.

Thanks everyone.
  • Options
    edited March 30, 2014
    A new version released this weekend and still no luck on my z10. I can only use the Smugmug Upload features, not the main app.

Can anyone running an android device tell me if it installs 2 separate apps - one for Smugmug and one for Smugmug Upload? Do you have 2 icons on your phone? I don't have a Smugmug icon, just Smugmug Upload.