Options

Looking for sports templates

kristenkristen Registered Users Posts: 446 Major grins
edited March 23, 2014 in Sports
I have been contracted to photograph some local TKD schools. The team images they are use to are NOT my style. However, they are going to want me to create something similar. I don't know where to start for a template or design for this many people. Suggestions??

i-drKMvvz

i-Lzdgtfj
Kristen Mendes
www.kristensphoto.com

Comments

• Options
    JimKarczewskiJimKarczewski Registered Users Posts: 969 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2014
    The first one, you need to green screen or get ready to do a lot of cutting out (suggest you buy a filter to help you do that, or you are going to be SICK of masking after your 20th+ photo.)

The second isn't as bad because it seems they didn't care about the background.. But the first is definitely a LOT more time and please, charge accordingly as this is something people don't think about. While there is a program out there that does green screens pretty well (GreenScreen Wizard Pro) You are looking at $130-200 for software, plus green screen (paper or pop-up, but that's usually limited to 1 person) and then there is the lighting. Green screen, to do it right you are looking at a minimum of 6 lights. 2 front lights (subject), 2 rim lights (subject) and 2 background lights to evenly light the green screen so it makes it easier for the software to remove the subject.

Beyond the software, as mentioned.. It's a lot of masking.. and I hope you have a Wacom for that or your mouse and your hand will be wanting to kill you!
  • Options
    kristenkristen Registered Users Posts: 446 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2014
    The first one, you need to green screen or get ready to do a lot of cutting out (suggest you buy a filter to help you do that, or you are going to be SICK of masking after your 20th+ photo.)

The second isn't as bad because it seems they didn't care about the background.. But the first is definitely a LOT more time and please, charge accordingly as this is something people don't think about. While there is a program out there that does green screens pretty well (GreenScreen Wizard Pro) You are looking at $130-200 for software, plus green screen (paper or pop-up, but that's usually limited to 1 person) and then there is the lighting. Green screen, to do it right you are looking at a minimum of 6 lights. 2 front lights (subject), 2 rim lights (subject) and 2 background lights to evenly light the green screen so it makes it easier for the software to remove the subject.

Beyond the software, as mentioned.. It's a lot of masking.. and I hope you have a Wacom for that or your mouse and your hand will be wanting to kill you!

I refuse to use the green screen. HAHA! Mine will be the images I take dragged into a template. My issue is, how do I design something with that many images in it?
    Kristen Mendes
    www.kristensphoto.com
  • Options
    JimKarczewskiJimKarczewski Registered Users Posts: 969 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2014
    kristen wrote: »
    I refuse to use the green screen. HAHA! Mine will be the images I take dragged into a template. My issue is, how do I design something with that many images in it?

Those templates are easy! I mean, you need 1 action to resize the files to a specific size, add a stroke around them and then align them in a larger canvas. Really simple PS work honestly.